Do the SP requirements for Wonders actually apply to the AI?

lindsay40k

Emperor
Everyone was going for Exploration. It seemed a fair gamble to go for PT. A third of the way through, Sejong nabs it. I shrug, 'lucky sod, he must have opened Rationalism and popped a GE in the last few turns'.

Nope.

Spoiler :

Attachments

• ishot-100.jpg
    ishot-100.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 418
I had the same questions a few weeks back. Your summary is probably accurate.

When you open Rationalism there are then 5 branches- these are the ones shown as being policies- such as 5 Tradition for America is an example.

So opening any Policy will not be reflected in that screen. It is the actual branches that are shown as researched (otherwise when complete it would show as 6)

Well if you put it that way...

I had the same questions a few weeks back. Your summary is probably accurate.

When you open Rationalism there are then 5 branches- these are the ones shown as being policies- such as 5 Tradition for America is an example.

So opening any Policy will not be reflected in that screen. It is the actual branches that are shown as researched (otherwise when complete it would show as 6)

yeah that seems to be the case. I've seen AIs opening a tree, building the corresponding wonder, and completely neglect it for the rest of the game.

Harumph. That's poor presentation of information, then. Perhaps the most likely information the player needs to know regarding rival SPs is 'can they build wonder X y/n?'.

This has been complained about before.

I assume they present the information because once you get to ideologies it makes a difference to "Global Politics". In G&K, there may have been a modifier for which of the last three you picked (I don't remember).

For both, thematically it show when something's been opened, even if no branches takes.

I lobbied a long time ago for it to say "Rationalism: 0" on the Diplomacy Overview screen when a branch has been opened. It hasn't happened yet :(

I agree that the openner not counting in that regard is very misleading and poor design, but it's not like Firaxis is going to patch this game anymore, so... I guess someone will have to mod it.

Come to think of it, it's surprising no one has.

Top Bottom