Do we know anything about Babylon yet?

paradigmx

Say yes to Steam
THE UA and UU, I want to know what they are, It's driving me nuts that I don't know this, someone with the strategy guide must know, it's out there somewhere, I can't want until Tuesday, I'm going to explode!

All we know is that their leader is Nebuchadnezzar. I think they said the unique unit for them is the Bowman, but we have no word on what it does or what their unique building or special ability are.

To be honest, I'm wondering if they're withholding it because they're not terribly good. If they were good, wouldn't they want to tell us ahead of time so more people would want to purchase the Deluxe Edition?

In the thread created to discuss the contents of the strategy guide it has been reported that there is no info on Babylon in the guide.

C'mon Firaxis, this is like selling paper bags full of stuff to a crowd without telling us what's in the bag? It could be gold, it could be dog crap, but you won't know until you buy it... oh, and you all have to buy it now, and we'll give you all the bags in a week.

C'mon Firaxis, this is like selling paper bags full of stuff to a crowd without telling us what's in the bag? It could be gold, it could be dog crap, but you won't know until you buy it... oh, and you all have to buy it now, and we'll give you all the bags in a week.

Yeah... it kind of reminds me of the re-packaged boosters that people will sell of card games on E-bay. Like somebody will say, "I have been collecting Magic cards since the very beginning! I am repackaging and selling them for 10 dollars a pack! You will get 15 random cards per pack, and two lucky people get a Black Lotus!" (For those of you who don't know, Black Lotus' are the rarest card and run for quite a hefty sum of ~2,499.99 [source: http://sales.starcitygames.com/cardsearch.php?singlesearch=black lotus]). Needless to say, nobody ever ends up getting a Black Lotus. Instead, you get garbage. So hopefully Firaxis/2K isn't putting garbage in a package for us.

Yeah... it kind of reminds me of the re-packaged boosters that people will sell of card games on E-bay. Like somebody will say, "I have been collecting Magic cards since the very beginning! I am repackaging and selling them for 10 dollars a pack! You will get 15 random cards per pack, and two lucky people get a Black Lotus!" (For those of you who don't know, Black Lotus' are the rarest card and run for quite a hefty sum of ~2,499.99 [source: http://sales.starcitygames.com/cardsearch.php?singlesearch=black lotus]). Needless to say, nobody ever ends up getting a Black Lotus. Instead, you get garbage. So hopefully Firaxis/2K isn't putting garbage in a package for us.

So are we suggesting here that we start a game, meet Babylon and the leader is an animated stick figure and there are no UU or UBs?

Comon, they'll release quality work. Hate the DLC idea but I wouldn't be afraid the civ would suck.

So are we suggesting here that we start a game, meet Babylon and the leader is an animated stick figure and there are no UU or UBs?

Comon, they'll release quality work. Hate the DLC idea but I wouldn't be afraid the civ would suck.

Lol, no. I think that the art and music quality will be good, but I'm guessing they won't be that great from a gameplay point of view. Some people would pay for the art/music alone, though.

Lol, no. I think that the art and music quality will be good, but I'm guessing they won't be that great from a gameplay point of view. Some people would pay for the art/music alone, though.

Perhaps. I'll post Tuesday morning exactly what they do.

I don't think it'll go that far, I just think it would be nice to know what the product I am purchasing contains so I know whether or not it's worth the price I am paying.

Perhaps. I'll post Tuesday morning exactly what they do.

Well, I already have the Deluxe Edition pre-ordered, so I'll know, too, come Tuesday night (unfortunately I have class and work all day on Tuesday :(). With the D2D deal of getting 10 dollars off a couple of days ago, getting the Deluxe Edition was the same as the normal version - I couldn't resist that! And I would have gotten the Deluxe Edition anyway since I'm a completionist.

Well, I already have the Deluxe Edition pre-ordered, so I'll know, too, come Tuesday night (unfortunately I have class and work all day on Tuesday :(). With the D2D deal of getting 10 dollars off a couple of days ago, getting the Deluxe Edition was the same as the normal version - I couldn't resist that! And I would have gotten the Deluxe Edition anyway since I'm a completionist.

I took the week off......:)

I'm a completionist myself when it comes to civ so it really doesn't matter to me what the details of the civ are. I'll likely get them all to have variety.

And I would have gotten the Deluxe Edition anyway since I'm a completionist.

I see, Mr. Alsark.

*paces around room in thought*

Why is it then...

*blasts interrogation light in to your face*

...that you don't have the $100 collector's edition on preorder?? HMMMM??

I took the week off......:)

I'm a completionist myself when it comes to civ so it really doesn't matter to me what the details of the civ are. I'll likely get them all to have variety.

Haha. A diehard fan. I wish I could have done the same but I can't really not go in for class (it's a small university so all classes count attendance very strictly), and ever since I had a girlfriend I've been having to cash every single one of my checks (rather than my usual routine of deposit one, use the next for gas, then cash the other for food/other expenses). Although I did tell her that I'll definitely be playing all day on Wednesday, albeit I'm sure she'll try to talk me into spending at least half the day with her (and due to my guilty conscience, I'd listen).

Yeah, same here. If nothing else to have more AIs to encounter. I honestly doubt I'll play as Babylon unless their playing style is very similar to mine (anti-war/domestic approach).

I see, Mr. Alsark.

*paces around room in thought*

Why is it then...

*blasts interrogation light in to your face*

...that you don't have the $100 collector's edition on preorder?? HMMMM??

*Squints.* ... Mr. Creedy?

And it's because that doesn't get me any in-game content.

My guesses:

UA = Some sort of culture bonus, maybe cheaper social policies.
UB = Ziggurat. Replaces a temple, maybe adds one science?
UU = Ashur Bowmen. A slightly stronger archer unit, maybe with a city defense bonus.

In any case, we will all find out in a few days. We will see how good my crystal ball is! ;)

Well, I'm starting to worry about two things.

1. If Babylon is a very lame civilization (not so good UU/UB and/or ability)
2. If Babylon have too much good UU/UB and/or ability

The same applies to every Civ that we'll see in DLCs.

I'd hate it if they make DLC Civs more powerfull just to attract people to buy them. That would piss me off soooo much!

Well, I'm starting to worry about two things.

1. If Babylon is a very lame civilization (not so good UU/UB and/or ability)
2. If Babylon have too much good UU/UB and/or ability

The same applies to every Civ that we'll see in DLCs.

I'd hate it if they make DLC Civs more powerfull just to attract people to buy them. That would piss me off soooo much!

Would having an unbalanced civ really be a selling point?

Black Lotus' are the rarest card and run for quite a hefty sum of ~2,499.99

I'm pretty sure I have an old/original of those in my magic cards somewhere...kinda of amusing. I have hundreds of older cards from being an early and obsessive collector.

Oh yes...Babylon. I'm sure it'll be fine and there's no reason for them to give out specifics, it's not like the game box lists every UA, UB, UU on the cover. We here at this site are info-hounds but I know people who love and have played civ forever but who don't visit sites like this and barely know Civ 5 is about to hit.

This is one reason why retail is so important still - joe random civ lover who doesn't keep up with news or game sites regularly sees the new version in a store somewhere, goes hmmm...didn't even know it was out, and buys it.

Babylon should be ruled by a GDR. You could meet it in an oasis and it talks to you while female GDRs oil its joints and load its turrets.

Unless Greg-the-cutie answers this today, we probably won't know until the game is unlocked next tuesday. Only days left and we don't know what the specs of Babylon is. Comon 2K!

Top Bottom