6:Map Making
7: Ceremonail Building
8: Mysticism
9: Polythesim
10:Monarchy
11: Horseback Riding
12:Literature
13: Masonry
(Editors note- hopefully by this time, the Great Library *or captured* has been built and we are getting free techs. If not,)
14: Math
15:Construction
16: Currency
17: Philosiphy
18: Code of Laws
Republic is optional or barterable.
This is it. Do you agree with it?
This will be up for 48 hours.

i officially object to the current queue because:
a. it was determined entirely by stuck_as_a_mac with no democratic input
b. it places undue emphasis on military technologies
c. it defers more advanced government till too late in the game (ed. note: workers only have 50 percent efficiency under despotism)
i strongl urge all citizens to vote no to this technology queue.
provincial governer hopeful,
neutral leader

Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!!!

I'm not saying it is necessarily bad, but what would we accomplish by such queue? Is there a goal here? Might it be better to set about 5 at a time so we can readjust our plans?

okay-

1: Iron Working

2: Alphabet
3: Writing
4:The Wheel
5: Potery

6:Map Making
7: Ceremonail Building
8: Mysticism
9: Polythesim

10:Monarchy
11: Horseback Riding
12:Literature
13: Masonry

14: Math
15:Construction
16: Currency
17: Philosiphy

edit it as you would like. and we plan to accomplish getting to monarchy with swordsmen.

noramlly if you reaserch alpahbet first you end up being behind everyone in techs because they have all reaserched 2 or 3 techs in that time

It is normally best to post a discussion thread in the citizens forum before posting any sort of poll. It would also be best, in my opinion, if we discussed 3 or 4 techs at a time. Things do have a tendency to change once the game gets underway.

make suggestions then donsig, dont just say no and vote no, i agree a vote is premature but saying no doesnt help either

This needs a discussion.

There is a discussion in the Science Dept. thread. And this poll is WAAAY premature! More discussion in the Science Dept. thread then a poll.

Besides, we don't know if we'll get goody huts, find a civ with an early UU (forcing us to go in another direction to counteract the UU - if that's possilbe).

I prefer mobile units over swordsmen so I normally would put wheel and horseriding over iron. With our start though, there is a good chance chariots will be fairly useless (or at least severely limited). I agree with iron as the first tech. This would guide our initial strategy towards a sword rush. With all that lovely mountain nearby it's a good shot that we'll get some iron. :)

The rest of the queue is too deep at the moment. We need to get a fix on 4-5 techs. Once those are done a tentative overall schedule would be possible.

OK then. If the majority agrees on Iron Working for the first tech, then we can spend the rest of the week in discussion for our future paths. We are in a good spot for a possibility of an Iron deposit. Let's not get bull-headed about this. Small steps...

Iron Working as our first tech sounds good to me and yes, this poll is premature, as the rest of the queue really does need more discussion.

There is a good chance the first tech will take us 40 turns to research. There is also a good chance that we could trade for any particular tech we want in time.

I liked Cyc's proposal to head towards Monarchy and shoot for the Hanging Gardens.

So if it'll take 40 turns to research anything and we'll probably be able to acquire what we want sooner through other channels, then why do we need to worry about what to research?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom