Do you believe in a god?

Do you believe in a god?

• Total voters

strijder20

Wallowing in irony
Do you believe in god?

(If it wasn't obvious already from the forum rules: please do not flame people with other (dis)beliefs)

No.

Additionally, if there were a God, he would not be any God described by any human belief structure.

I fall into the agnostic humanism categorization.

Aww here we go again. I like gods and stories with gods fighting gods fighting demons. I would like if there was gods,demons and the whole set of fantasy creatures roaming around . Exciting Super human powers and all that . I don't believe in it though .

No.

Additionally, if there were a God, he would not be any God described by any human belief structure.

I fall into the agnostic humanism categorization.

Your opinion seems quite similar to mine: I suspect there is no higher entity, and do not think he would reveal his existence to us if he existed.

With what may come as a surprise to many posters here, I am Christian.

Yes, one Abrahamic, but I do not believe in "organized" religion that is religious institutions and hierarchy (luckily you dont have to in Sunni Islam)

Do you get much criticism for not being flamboyantly Christian?

Not that I ever vote in these polls anyway in general, but why aren't there any agnostic responses other than "I haven't decided yet", which only only describes a small number of us?

Christian humanist with a dash of Kierkegaard for good measure.

Not really. I follow a definite non-literalist view of the Old Testament anyway, and not many people even know I'm Christian. Which I find funny.

Not that I ever vote in these polls anyway in general, but why aren't there any agnostic responses other than "I haven't decided yet", which only only describes a small number of us?

Ah, my apologies, I indeed left your group out unintentionally.
Could a mod please add the option 'I'm agnostic' please?

Ah, my apologies, I indeed left your group out unintentionally.
Could a mod please add the option 'I'm agnostic' please?
In this case, please change my vote. I'm an agnostic atheist and have voted "don't believe" because that's what comes closest.

In this case, please change my vote. I'm an agnostic atheist and have voted "don't believe" because that's what comes closest.

Actually, after looking up gnosticism and agnosticism, I apparently am an agnostic atheist too :rolleyes:
Still, technically agnostic atheism and gnostic atheism get close to 'I do not believe in a god' although it should be 'I don't think there is a god' then, to leave room for doubt.

I think that a "god" (i prefer to call it a Demiurge) might exist, but not in any form humans can grasp, and certainly not in the comedic forms proposed by religions.

I base this thought on some parameters which i am wary of mentioning lest warpus starts another cyclical debate of them and derails this thread ;)

Yeah, it doesn't have to be that detailed in a poll but when given the choice between "agnostic" and "atheist" I usually prefer the former.

I am a agnostic: my view on the matter is that one cannot prove God exists or does not exist.

The options in the poll does not reflect this. "Cannot make thy mind up let" is not necessary a agnostic option.

Top Bottom