Do you believe in ...

Do you believe in

• Total voters

Ziggy Stardust

Absolutely Sane
And I mean do you believe, do you accept, do you think it's probable.

No certainty required, but if you are really uncertain about something and don't lean one way or the other don't check the box. If you're uncertain but favour the existence of something, then check the box. Anything goes. Believes based on solid evidence or believes based on gutfeelings all are valid.

I would've perhaps voted 'extinction of the human race', but I think a simple statement like that kinda implies 'within the next hundred years' or something stupid.

Heaven is an interesting one. Very much on the borderline for that. Voted 'yes' on the basis that it doesn't just mean a realm above the clouds behind pearly gates. Not sure what it does mean, though.

Edit: Aw crap, I missed Big Bang somehow. :(

No, I actually meant anytime in the future.

And you got the gist of the thread by voting yes for heaven :)

I voted for alien life on the basis that surely there must be some somewhere in this vast cosmos, but I don't think we'll be making contact with any soon.

What was meant by the love after love bit?

Tarot cards possess only one R in Tarot. :)

Theory of Evolution, Big Bang Theory, Theory of Gravity, Alien lifeforms, Intelligent Aliens (Why is this capitalized?), Man landing on the moon, Extinction of the Human Race, and Interstellar Migration of the Human Race.

What do I do now? Do I win a prize? I want the stuffed panda.

I had difficulty answering 'Intelligent Aliens'. I definitely think that's possible, I just have no idea how likely it is, so I can't really say it's probable. So in the end I didn't vote for it.

Likewise 'Interstellar Migration of the Human Race'.

All the others were pretty straightforward Yesses or Nos for me.

I think heaven and hell should be replaced by afterlife, and the poll should include reincarnation, parallel universes, quantum immortality and entropy death/big crunch/some other end of our unverse.

God - Yes, but not necessarily the Abrahamic God. I believe in A Supreme Being, but whose form or purpose is not possible for ordinary humans to comprehend.

Heaven and Hell - Yes, but not necessarily a physical place, and not necessarily eternal.

Biblical Flood - Not as a literal event

Manmade Global Warming - Is a scientific fact

Theory of Evolution - Is the best scientific explanation for how life came to be

Aliens - Yes. Some may be intelligent. Some may have visited Earth, though I take reports of "encounters" skeptically.

Communicating with dead people - I believe in some sort of communication with beings in other planes of existance in general... but no direct communication is possible and the vast majority of mediums are frauds.

Moon Landing - Is a historical event

Extinction of the Human Race - Nothing is eternal; but I don't believe it is imminent.

Interstellar Migration of Human race - bound to happen as long as the above does not happen first

Love after love - I sure hope this is true because otherwise I am screwed.

Well, TK, there's life after love, so of course there's love after love. :)

Top Bottom