Do you care about the score and leaderboard at the end of a solo game?

I look at it to compare it to how I felt about the game.

Often, when it seems I've cruised to a victory, I'm a little surprised that my score is mediocre or even below average.

As others have said, it really is too dependent on empire size, not how dominant your victory was. My highest score ever was as Frealanor...in a defeat! (IIRC, I was trying to accomplish a peaceful domination victory.)

Reactions: PiR
I like the score as its fun to see if you increased from last match. Its just a simple personal best measurement.

:lol: main menu:

upload_2021-1-17_16-6-54.png

Want to know how to increase your score? Simply don't win when the opportunity comes along; delay and build a wonder or two while your population increases before building that last spaceship part and start spamming laser stations. Or simply hit "end turn" a few dozen times before conquering the final capital, and settle a few more cities. The longer the game goes which kind of implies the less optimally you've played, the higher your score will be.

Yep, proof here

upload_2021-1-17_16-16-29.png

Scores should be the opposite for taking 33 more turns (same game probably, seeing the dates)

I used to watch the replay map for every game. But for some reason civ6 does not have this feature. Winning or losing a game in civ6 is pointless for me without that feature. The current win or loss in civ6 is not much different than just quitting the game.
Oh, I miss the replay....

Reactions: PiR
who seriously builds Panama Canal without a mod to boost its effect?

I have a personal side mission every game to break through a continent with a canal system, just for fun. I at least scout and mark off possible options to do it, including canal-cities, regular canals, and Panama Canal. I find it rewarding to pull off, even if it's pretty useless in-game.

I still wish that embarked units would actually stay embarked while using the canals, as that would at least add some additional tactical reason to have a canal.

o you care about that and just focus on winning?
Or do you also try to achieve high score (e.g. building useless wonders, getting useless GP, etc.) to be very proud of you at the end of the game.

I don't overly focus on high score, but I do feel a little let down if I don't get top 5. It's why I build my cities large and have never restricted them to size 10 like other people have. I've had a size 40 city before. Why? Because it's fun. I also like it that little fact is stored in the hall of fame, or I wouldn't have known size 40 was my highest city size. I did that with Khmer btw, I'm sure I could have gotten it larger with volcanos and things in the game now days, and if I kept playing after winning. Point is building a grand civilization is important to me. I'm not always able to do it if I want a peaceful game and I don't have room to expand, sometimes I do get a low score in such situations. And getting #1 is impossible unless you conquer most of the world which I don't have the patience to do these days after doing it a dozen times or so in the past.

I have a personal side mission every game to break through a continent with a canal system... ...even if it's pretty useless in-game.
It's a very niche thing, those canals. 99% of the time they're nothing more than a neat little graphic on your map and bragging rights, but the other 1% of the time they are completely indispensable.

I've been keeping track of my scores since the beginning in an excel file. When R&F and then GS were introduced, it changed the scoring in a dramatic way. So I have only kept what I have since GS. I only try to compete against myself. When I start a new game, once I know who my Leader is (I usually go random), I look at how I've won with them, and try to choose a different VC. and try to beat the other scores with that leader.

We focus a lot on the optimal path to VCs here but the best way to get a good score its to basically go for all VCs and expand a lot a long the way. Score victories are almost counter-intuitive. Being good at everything is better than best at anything. I like looking at the score list but about the only time I do decent on it are when I've done some serious warmongering whether I go full dom or not.

Top Bottom