Do you care about the score and leaderboard at the end of a solo game?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by PiR, Jan 16, 2021.

1. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

Oh really? :lol: I never even noticed ... Well, I guess that speaks volumes in itself.

PiR likes this.
  2. LMT

LMT Warlord

I look at it to compare it to how I felt about the game.

Often, when it seems I've cruised to a victory, I'm a little surprised that my score is mediocre or even below average.

As others have said, it really is too dependent on empire size, not how dominant your victory was. My highest score ever was as Frealanor...in a defeat! (IIRC, I was trying to accomplish a peaceful domination victory.)

PiR likes this.
  3. jasper

jasper Warlord

I like the score as its fun to see if you increased from last match. Its just a simple personal best measurement.

nzcamel and PiR like this.
  4. JJOne

JJOne Prince

Where is it??

5. PiR

PiR Emperor Supporter

6. PiR

PiR Emperor Supporter

Yep, proof here

upload_2021-1-17_16-16-29.png

Scores should be the opposite for taking 33 more turns (same game probably, seeing the dates)

ShakaKhan likes this.
  7. JJOne

JJOne Prince

Thank you!

PiR likes this.
  8. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Oh, I miss the replay....

PiR likes this.
  9. Time Tested

Time Tested Warlord

I have a personal side mission every game to break through a continent with a canal system, just for fun. I at least scout and mark off possible options to do it, including canal-cities, regular canals, and Panama Canal. I find it rewarding to pull off, even if it's pretty useless in-game.

I still wish that embarked units would actually stay embarked while using the canals, as that would at least add some additional tactical reason to have a canal.

WillowBrook and nzcamel like this.
  10. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

I don't overly focus on high score, but I do feel a little let down if I don't get top 5. It's why I build my cities large and have never restricted them to size 10 like other people have. I've had a size 40 city before. Why? Because it's fun. I also like it that little fact is stored in the hall of fame, or I wouldn't have known size 40 was my highest city size. I did that with Khmer btw, I'm sure I could have gotten it larger with volcanos and things in the game now days, and if I kept playing after winning. Point is building a grand civilization is important to me. I'm not always able to do it if I want a peaceful game and I don't have room to expand, sometimes I do get a low score in such situations. And getting #1 is impossible unless you conquer most of the world which I don't have the patience to do these days after doing it a dozen times or so in the past.

nzcamel likes this.
  11. ShakaKhan

ShakaKhan King

It's a very niche thing, those canals. 99% of the time they're nothing more than a neat little graphic on your map and bragging rights, but the other 1% of the time they are completely indispensable.

12. Timothy001

Timothy001 Prince

I've been keeping track of my scores since the beginning in an excel file. When R&F and then GS were introduced, it changed the scoring in a dramatic way. So I have only kept what I have since GS. I only try to compete against myself. When I start a new game, once I know who my Leader is (I usually go random), I look at how I've won with them, and try to choose a different VC. and try to beat the other scores with that leader.

13. Socrates99

Socrates99 Bottoms up!

We focus a lot on the optimal path to VCs here but the best way to get a good score its to basically go for all VCs and expand a lot a long the way. Score victories are almost counter-intuitive. Being good at everything is better than best at anything. I like looking at the score list but about the only time I do decent on it are when I've done some serious warmongering whether I go full dom or not.

nzcamel and Time Tested like this.
  14. Abaxial

Abaxial King

Another thing - why are the end of game graphs so small, considering they are surrounding by so much blank screen space?

nzcamel and Karmah like this.