Do you carry Pocket Knife with u?

I've been trained in the death touch by the human stun gun so I have no need for a pocket knife.

I live in America. We are not allowed to bear arms or protect ourselves here.

I prefer to carry a pocketknife in my backpack, but it's usually not a good idea, because I'll forget about it, then I might go someplace that has a metal detector and then I'm at risk for not getting in, or having my knife taken from me.

Are there places other than airports and important museums you risk bumping into a metal detector?

edit: And no I don't run around with knives, or anything even remotely weaponlike.

editedit: Yeah, won the crosspostcompetition!!!

I prefer to carry a pocketknife in my backpack, but it's usually not a good idea, because I'll forget about it, then I might go someplace that has a metal detector and then I'm at risk for not getting in, or having my knife taken from me.

You go to places with metal detectors that often?

Only places I've been to with metal detectors are airports, where it's hard to forget to put your pointy things in checked luggage.

edit: Damn, usually I'm first in with cross-posts. :(

I've never lived in a bad enough area to justify it for self defense. My dad had a switchblade laying around, not sure where it is now.

I do have a swiss army knife that I carry around but... well I'm not sure I could take myself seriously holding the knife part out in a fight.

I was a groomsman in my younger brother's wedding last month. He gave his groomsmen pocket knives. I had mine in my pocket during the wedding and we used them to make a "sword arch" like you see sometimes in military weddings (he's Army).

Only places I've been to with metal detectors are airports, where it's hard to forget to put your pointy things in checked luggage.

But believe me, it's easy to forget shampoo bottles or deodorants, which, as we all know, are just as lethal...

But believe me, it's easy to forget shampoo bottles or deodorants, which, as we all know, are just as lethal...

I'm going to buy some travel sized shampoo bottles and chuck them like grenades. It'd amuse me anyway.

I know a few guys that carry them. What kind of lifestyle do you live? Do you need one?

Yes, but thats because they are handy around a farm.. its nothing to do with self defence..

screw knifes

carry a condom around. they provide better protection.

Are there places other than airports and important museums you risk bumping into a metal detector?

edit: And no I don't run around with knives, or anything even remotely weaponlike.

editedit: Yeah, won the crosspostcompetition!!!

You go to places with metal detectors that often?

edit: Damn, usually I'm first in with cross-posts. :(

I go to places with metal detectors extremely rarely. However, I carry my backpack everywhere. Therefore, if I keep my pocket knife in my backpack 100% of the time, the metal detector thing will come up. And it has.

I know Kung Fu, so naturally I dont need one.
But I still do carry a pocket knife.
Be on the alert if you see a middle aged Asian walking with a pocket knife. He's dangerous.

I know Kung Fu, so naturally I dont need one.
But I still do carry a pocket knife.
Be on the alert if you see a middle aged Asian walking with a pocket knife. He's dangerous.

ill be more scared if you got in a car.

I carry a Leatherman Micra on my key chain, so I have it with me most of the time, and it has helped me in many situations.

Top Bottom