1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

do you DOW on a friendly civ ?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by kensington888, Jul 12, 2012.

1. rah

rah Warlord Supporter

I think just being at war is enough to justify the mutual struggle bonus, because there is always the chance that an SOD will arrive at your doorstep.

Most of the time doing nothing doesn't cost you, but last night an AI had just taken another AI's cap. I figured they were fully engaged and agreed to join when asked, only to be surprised a couple of turns later when a stack of 50 units arrived at my doorstep. I found it silly that they were still losing cities but decided the stack would be better used attacking me. Just silly.

2. Crimson Phantom

Crimson Phantom Chieftain

The main consideration when DOWing a friendly civ is trade - you'll get less revenue from the lost partner, and any trade agreements (Resources for Gold) will be cancelled.

The main reason I declare war in Civ4 is just because someone builds a city on a location I had already picked out - typically far away from their own borders. I can't stand that.

But I find that if you just raze a new city and build one of your own atop the ruins, then peace out, civs you were friendly with already will forgive you.