Do you drink tea?

• No

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 31 72.1%
  • I refuse to answer, but want to see what others answered

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Does it count if I have the characters in my stories drink a lot of tea? I decided to make one of them extremely intolerant toward alcohol (for medical reasons, not anything morality-related). Going by what I've written and thought (I'm constantly thinking about this project), my main character has drunk more tea since the fall of 2018 than I could possibly drink in a lifetime. And he's not quite half my age.

Does it count if I have the characters in my stories drink a lot of tea?
I have my void/high elven monk perfer tea over the panderian booze in WoW. I just imagine when she’s on a tank role (brewmaster monk), she’s drinking a specialty kind of tea brew to fortify herself and shake off any blows she’s revived while protecting her allies during a dungeon raid.

Drinking my morning cuppa right now

20210223_104147.jpg

Specifically this one designed by the former prime minister

20210223_104202.jpg

this is the tea I mainly drink for breakfast. It costs like 10 bucks for a Kilo, which means a cup of tea costs me about two or three cents.

Any tea with a picture of a Sufi Whirling Dervish on the bag must be excellent for you physically and spiritually!

I answered no because a cup of tea is a random event for me. At least one cup of coffee, on the other hand, is a daily event. A splash of milk and no sugar.

I will have to keep an eye out for Thai oolongs or Osmanthus, which I haven't tried before. Or perhaps just a different Taiwanese oolong. If I were still going to coffee shops, I'd try one the next time I went to the local tea shop. Although I see they are still in business, so perhaps I will yet.

I largely make my tea with the method in the video Kyriakos posted, though I tend to heat via microwave instead of kettle unless I have friends over and will need a larger quantity. Loose leaf may be better and less expensive, but I am lazy, especially when I haven't had my morning cuppa, so I usually go with bags, though I do have some loose leaf in stock as well. I agree with the woman in the video that the first type of strainer she showed is not great; I prefer the ones with a clasp that can come apart as semi-spheres. Hemi-spheres? Why is it semicircle and hemisphere in English?

I've never seen the Australian Afternoon tea in North America! I suspect I would have seen it by now if it were sold on this continent; one of the local stores has a large Twinings selection. Among their blends I like the lapsung (very smoky) and the Prince of Wales (mild, but very smooth).

I've never seen the Australian Afternoon tea in North America! I suspect I would have seen it by now if it were sold on this continent; one of the local stores has a large Twinings selection. Among their blends I like the lapsung (very smoky) and the Prince of Wales (mild, but very smooth).

It's just a mix of a couple of black teas - "Kevin blended the slightly smoky Russian Caravan with the full bodied Irish Breakfast and then added the light Ceylon Orange Pekoe". Quite tasty, and I guess popular since they kept making it after the promotion ended.

I answered no because a cup of tea is a random event for me. At least one cup of coffee, on the other hand, is a daily event. A splash of milk and no sugar.

That's how I do it. 2-3 coffees a day no auger.

I started to, a couple of months ago. It is green tea.
Not sure if it helps with anything.
Do you drink tea? And any positive effect?

You have just committed treason against Southern Europe and Ethiopia. No tea... ever! No exceptions!

Dark brown countries + Ethiopia = Cool places (Ethiopia gets extra points for being the inventors of the holiest of all beverages since ambrosia)
Light brown countries = Annoying fence-sitters who drink that disgusting beverage out of dried herbs from time to time instead of drinking the precious juice out of toasted beans all the time like all decent and civilized peoples do.
Orange countries = No-go zones
Red countries = Literally HELL. Hence the color. (China gets extra negative points for inventing that stomach-churning broth)

Last edited:
You have just committed treason against Southern Europe and Ethiopia. No tea... ever! No exceptions!

Dark brown countries + Ethiopia = Cool places (Ethiopia gets extra points for being the inventors of the holiest of all beverages since ambrosia)
Light brown countries = Annoying fence-sitters who drink that disgusting beverage out of dried herbs from time to time instead of drinking the precious juice out of toasted beans all the time like all decent and civilized peoples do.
Orange countries = No-go zones
Red countries = Literally HELL. Hence the color.
The only land borders between the extremes are Morocco and Algeria, Greece and Turkey and Finland and Russia. These are historic conflict zones. Coincidence? I think not!!!

The only land borders between the extremes are Morocco and Algeria, Greece and Turkey and Finland and Russia. These are historic conflict zones. Coincidence? I think not!!!

Spain and Morocco also share a short land border and there they are, not precisely the best of friends to put it mildly. And what about the only sea border between extremes? USA vs. Russia. The coffee vs. tea geopolitical conspiracy sure leaves the QAnon brain-constipacy in shambles.

At our house we drink a lot of herbal tea, since proper tea is theft.

Actually it is because my mother is very picky about what she drinks. She hates the taste of plain water, is very sensitive to caffeine, and is diabetic so she can't drink things with sugar except when hypoglycemic.

She always insists that we always have a pitcher full of her favorite Celestial Seasoning Lemon Zinger Herbal Tea.

http://www.celestialseasonings.com/products/herbal/lemon-zinger-herbal-tea

Mom used to prefer their Decaf Mint Green Tea (containing decaffeinated green tea, decaffeinated white tea, spearmint, peppermint, natural mint flavor and vitamin C), but they stopped selling it in stores around here. We have a bunch of it now as I found it on Amazon, but in the meantime we tried out several other varieties that were locally available. For a while her new favorite was their Peppermint Tea (which contains nothing but peppermint leaves), but then she settled on her preference for their Lemon Zinger (made from Hibiscus, rosehips, roasted chicory, orange peel, lemongrass, lemon peel and whole dried lemons, natural lemon flavor with other natural flavors and citric acid.)

I like to mix things up and make different flavor teas different days, but mom always says that she wants the Lemon Zinger.

She likes it brewed rather weak and with way too much artificial sweetener. If I leave it up to her entirely she uses 4 tea bags and more than half a gallon of Spenda for one gallon of water. I can get her to accept 6 or 7 tea bags and 4 cups of Spenda per gallon, but if we use any less sweeter than that she will pour half a bag of Spenda into the pitcher when we aren't looking.

Dad likes to mix mom's tea with his coffee as he considers it to sweet to drink on its own.

My favorite tea would either be Indian Chai or Thai Iced Tea, but I don't have them nearly as often.

Last edited:
Top Bottom