1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Do You Enjoy Civilization V

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Jharii, Oct 25, 2010.

?

Do you enjoy the game and experience that Civilization V provides?

1. Yes

434 vote(s)
    58.4%
  2. No

309 vote(s)
    41.6%
  1. SuperJay

SuperJay Bending Space and Time

Which is irrelevent. On a forum called "Civ Fanatics," it SHOULD be a majority.

^ That's my point. I'm surprised that it's such a small majority. While it doesn't "prove" anything other than exactly what it says: 40% of the respondees to this poll marked "No, I do not enjoy Civ 5," it's still a much higher percentage than I expected.

I'm not worried about being "right" (protip: there is no "right") and I'm not so needy as to require that my opinoins be validated by a group of people that's larger than another group of people. Who cares? I want to love Civ 5, and I want other Civ fans to as well.

2. vandyr

vandyr Prince

Except at this point I think its almost safe to say the site should be renamed to Civ IV Fanatics.

3. Supr49er

Supr49er 2011 Thunderfall Cup

Yes.
    I'm looking forward to trying the Fire and Ice mod this weekend. :D

4. sketch162000

sketch162000 Warlord

Sigh...If you are going to make the statement...

Fixed.

The poll had nothing to do with Civ IV. All it shows is that there are a significant portion of people who are dissatisfied with Civ V. It's not only a vocal 1%, at least not on this forum.

5. vandyr

vandyr Prince

Not talking about the poll, I'm talking about the neverending rants about everything Civ V did different from Civ IV, on the site.

6. SuperJay

7. vandyr

vandyr Prince

That's nice.

8. OliverFA

OliverFA Chieftain

No. But the good part is that I learned something from this experience: Never preorder a game again.

9. joyous_gard

joyous_gard Prince

what he said

10. JudgeDeath

JudgeDeath Warlord

I pre-ordered, and I'm glad I did. [Back off to play another turn]

11. SuperJay

Hehe, the fact that you have to come up with diversions like posting on forums to occupy the time between turns kinda says something though, doesn't it? ;)

12. Jharii

Jharii King

Only your interpretation of why he came here to post says something. His reasons are his own. Maybe he has been playing for 4 hours straight and needed a little break.

:)

13. SuperJay

Oh, you! I'm just playin around. Why so serious? You have to admit it's just part of my usual witty and clever repartee! :lol: :blush:

(BTW, you do realize that you live about 30 miles away from me. I could be on your doorstep tonight. Creeeeepy! :shifty:)

14. Jharii

Jharii King

LOL. I did smile back at you, too. :D

*checks windows* Yeah, there are a lot of Michiganders around here. You know that Stardock is in Canton, right?? :D And I didn't notice, because your location is not listed. :D

*reminds self to be ultra-nice to SuperJay*

15. Aussie_Lurker

Aussie_Lurker Deity

It might not have been the nicest thing to say, but judging from some of your past posts here, I'd say its fairly accurate. Thing is, I *want* to love Civ5-I even tried to start a new game as Babylon last night just to see how it feels. Its still early days, but I already felt my interest waning within the first 20 turns-that is *so* unlike me when it comes to Civ. In Civ4, even when I'm just testing a Mod I'm working on, I find it hard to stop playing. I was kind of like that even with Civ3 (which would have greatly benefited from having SMAC's Social Engineering system in it!) Civ5 is the very first game in the series that I just haven't felt wowed by-& that's even with practically every game balancing mod available in play! Maybe its a side-effect of the admission-by a developer-that the game was designed to attract fans of CivRev.

Aussie.

16. SuperJay

There's a reason for that... cuz creepy internet people who are rabid about Civ5 might show up on my lawn raving about video games! ;)

"YOU HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT DIFFERENTLY!! IT'S NOT CIV 4.5!! ITS A WHOLE NEW GAME AND A NEW DIRECTION ON THE SERIES!!" :mad:

"Uh, hello, 911? I have a situation here..." :lol:

17. vandyr

vandyr Prince

So, is 'cry moar kiddo' the appropriate response here? Judging from your past posts and constant comparisons to civ rev, I'd say its entirely accurate. Hardly necessary, however.

18. Aussie_Lurker

Aussie_Lurker Deity

If thats the way you feel about it, knock yourself out-I've got a very thick skin. BTW, though, even Dennis Shirk *admits*-in an interview-that they designed the game to attract players of CivRev. So I'd say my comparisons are fairly accurate. Doesn't mean I don't play the game, but I don't enjoy the experience as much as I used to!

Aussie.

19. Zechnophobe

Zechnophobe Strategy Lich

With the power of Modern technology now YOU can choose how to respond to this post! Choose from one of the following great adventures!

Or perhaps

Another Candidate:

Or the slightly more intellectual:

The choice... is YOURS!

20. maccool

maccool Chieftain

and that didn't have anything compelling enough. I don't need to spend money for the privilege to wait for a good patch/mod to come out.

You can remove my no vote if you think my vote is inappropriate as a demo only player.