Do You Enjoy Civilization V

Do you enjoy the game and experience that Civilization V provides?

• Yes

Votes: 434 58.4%
  • No

Votes: 309 41.6%

• Total voters
I think that this poll at least shows that people who dislike the game, can stop saying that the "majority" of Civ players agrees with them.

Hehe, didn't you just get finished saying that all polls are garbage? Can't have it both ways, bud. ;)

(And I actually don't agree that the "majority" of players dislike Civ, which is why I've never said that... but I don't think this poll or any other poll here proves anything other than the most literal results about the people responding.)

Hehe, didn't you just get finished saying that all polls are garbage? Can't have it both ways, bud. ;)

(And I actually don't agree that the "majority" of players dislike Civ, which is why I've never said that... but I don't think this poll or any other poll here proves anything other than the most literal results about the people responding.)

What I've actually said all along is that biased polls are garbage. This one isn't, it's very simple, 'do you like it, or not?'.

I think it show that, probably, as a natural effect, who dislike the game is leaving the section quietly, who think it may be better but now are not enjoying it very much or are enjoying it with some reserve, are still here and, of course, the typical raging people that " i rant because its funny" are too...

I'm for now enjoiying the game, playing it like a distraction between other games, 20\40 turns, not more... But i'm still here because of some hope in the future....;)

I don't think we're in any danger of forum members who hate Civ V, 'leaving quietly'. :)

What I've actually said all along is that biased polls are garbage. This one isn't, it's very simple, 'do you like it, or not?'.

No, you really did say "forum polls are garbage."

There is absolutely no evidence to support this. and forum polls are garbage. This is your opinion.

Just sayin'. :) (Don't take it so seriously, we're all human here. An occasional contradiction is completely natural.)

We've been over this before. Number of playing players doesn't equal enjoying players, offline or not.

We've been over this before. Number of playing players doesn't equal enjoying players, offline or not.

Don't really see where anyone implied that people were enjoying themselves. But one would be very safe to think that the vast majority of people partake in activities that they enjoy, particularly when that activity is a recreational game.

So yeah, I will safely say that 90-95% (at least) of those people are enjoying themselves. I do not believe that we have a society that contains more than 10% massochists.

Don't really see where anyone implied that people were enjoying themselves. But one would be very safe to think that the vast majority of people partake in activities that they enjoy, particularly when that activity is a recreational game.

So yeah, I will safely say that 90-95% (at least) of those people are enjoying themselves. I do not believe that we have a society that contains more than 10% massochists.

Most playing players are most likely enjoying it, that's clear. I'm just pointing out that it's not a good measure of enjoyment.

Most playing players are most likely enjoying it, that's clear. I'm just pointing out that it's not a good measure of enjoyment.

It absolutely is. You just said it yourself. "Most playing players are most likely enjoying it." Exact numbers are not even remotely necessary.

Seriously, what other measurement are you asking for? Please specify so we can try to determine if your request is even remotely possible and we can just end the conversation. Please don't let all this common sense and logic presented to you cloud your question. Exactly what would you like us to provide to you?

And if you are just trying to be argumentative and contradictory, please let us know that as well so we can also just end the conversation.

I wouldn't be so sure about that enjoyment factor.
The games in Civ V as you know take long and it's really hard to define how much some outsider enjoys/likes the game in general.
Also when person have bought the game they don't really have to be masochist in order to play game they try their hardest to like, trying to find enjoyment and fun factor out of it.

I think whole guessing process is quite insane. Better look these clear cut polls even.

Especially with Civ V where you might do other things at the same time while clicking the next turn button now and then ;)

It absolutely is. You just said it yourself. "Most playing players are most likely enjoying it." Exact numbers are not even remotely necessary.

Seriously, what other measurement are you asking for? Please specify so we can try to determine if your request is even remotely possible and we can just end the conversation. Please don't let all this common sense and logic presented to you cloud your question. Exactly what would you like us to provide to you?

And if you are just trying to be argumentative and contradictory, please let us know that as well so we can also just end the conversation.

My point is that I have played 70+ hours of Civ V, and I'm yet to have more than a few hours of total enjoyment out of it. I keep trying to like it and to get into it.

I wouldn't be so sure about that enjoyment factor.
The games in Civ V as you know take long and it's really hard to define how much some outsider enjoys/likes the game in general.
Also when person have bought the game they don't really have to be masochist in order to play game they try their hardest to like, trying to find enjoyment and fun factor out of it.

I think whole guessing process is quite insane. Better look these clear cut polls even.

Especially with Civ V where you might do other things at the same time while clicking the next turn button now and then ;)

This.

Wow, thanks. That clears it up entirely.

Seriously, I'll just go by the numbers that I see presented to me rather than all of the same old theories and methods that are used to try to shoot holes into any data that counters one's viewpoint.

If they would say otherwise, I would gladly concede that most people are not enjoying Civ5. But they don't, so I won't.

Enjoy.

My point is that I have played 70+ hours of Civ V, and I'm yet to have more than a few hours of total enjoyment out of it. I keep trying to like it and to get into it.

I find it hard to believe you'd put 70 hours into a game you didn't enjoy. It takes a lot less than 70 hours to "find" the enjoyment you're looking for.

Top Bottom