1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Do You Enjoy Civilization V

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Jharii, Oct 25, 2010.

?

Do you enjoy the game and experience that Civilization V provides?

1. Yes

434 vote(s)
    58.4%
  2. No

309 vote(s)
    41.6%
  1. charon2112

charon2112 King

Not at all. 520 is plenty of voters for a percentage poll. There's no need for me to spin anything, the results are right there.

2. Jharii

Jharii King

You don't owe any explanation, Charon. Everyone knows how polls work. That's the fallback argument when it is against their stance. If the numbers were reversed, it would be the first thing pointed to.

The numbers have been right around 61%, give or take 1.5%, since there were about 150 votes in. There is no evidence that this percentage is going to change significantly.

3. jfuesting

jfuesting Chieftain

4. Jharii

Jharii King

Not the same question. Thanks for playing.

5. afa2000

afa2000 Time to die

Hell, no. BTW, it should have been a public poll, so we could see who is voting. I've seen fanboys creating new accounts just to attack who is complaining, like this one. I wouldn't be surprised if they're using the same accounts to vote "yes". Older public polls show that the majority doesn't like the game.

6. charon2112

charon2112 King

7. Jediron

Jediron Prince

so 60% is enjoying to play Civ 5, good te know.

What i miss however, is....how much....lol
    Can you make a poll for that too ?

8. Jharii

Jharii King

You're more than welcome to do whatever you like.

9. charon2112

charon2112 King

It looks to me like the creator of that thread, created a new account just to make a new Civ V hate thread. Now, since both sides are doing it, it balances out any inaccuracies in the poll.

And ah yes, older polls. The ones with titles like, "Hey everybody! Isn't Civ V terrible? C'mon in here and vote for how bad Civ V is!"...because those weren't biased. Your post seems a touch desperate to hang onto the idea that most people hate Civ V.

10. Jharii

Jharii King

And the same argument can be made for the other side of the coin. Or are you saying that all that don't like the game are completely honest, upstanding members of this community? FYI, there have been just as many detractors of the game posting one-time threads, taking shots at the game and fans of the game.

And I am curious... Even if it was a public poll, how would you make any determination? Were you going to go through the 500+ voters and then go and look at all of their posts and post counts? And then what? Report them for voting in a poll?

11. shadowplay

shadowplay (boss music)

If I had never played a previous game in the series to judge Civilization 5 by, then I would love this game. Taken as the sequel to Civ4, it's disappointing.

12. Axxon

Axxon Chieftain

Gee whiz. It was a JOKE. I actually did vote No.

Lighten up, brother.

As for the argument about the polls... come on. A 60% satisfaction percentage is not a statistic to boast about, for any kind of product.

13. PieceOfMind

PieceOfMind Drill IV Defender Retired Moderator

It is for a politician/political party. :p

14. afa2000

afa2000 Time to die

We both know you're smarter than this. Unless, of course, you're that guy and now is trying to defend yourself.

I could say this poll is biased, because it implies a positive atitude about the game - "do you enjoy the game ?", instead of "what do you think about the game". Or biased towards the fact you may enjoy it but still think it's not as good as it should be, so you would get more positive answers than negative ones. But that's not the point. Biased or not, if that's a private poll we can't prevent from people trying to manipulate it.

Well, you're the one who jumps in EVERY thread, trying to invalidate complaints and defending the game, not me.

Anyways, I don't think we need the majority to show that it's not the game we, loyal players, deserve. I'm just stating a fact, it's suspicious that one poll has got in 4 days so many votes, showing the opposite of many others did.

15. Jharii

Jharii King

LOL. True dat.

This poll was initiated because of the "Most people hate the game" vs. the "Most people like the game" posts. I wanted to know which.

I don't really see anyone really boasting about the numbers, either. Just recapping the totals at the time of the post. I know it's not a big number, but I did mention earlier that I would be much happier if that number was 75% and upwards. :)

Ah well, can't make everyone happy. :)

16. Jharii

Jharii King

Obviously, not you. You don't like the game. Why would you jump in every thread to invalidate complaints and defend the game?

It doesn't show the opposite of other threads. It's a different question altogether. I am sorry that you don't comprehend that. It is as unbiased as I could think of at the time. If you refuse to see that, then you are really no different than you are accusing charon of being, just from the other side. You are also more than welcome to start your own poll. I am sure that it will be completely neutral.

If you don't like the thread, or don't believe it, great. You said your peace. But please stop with the claims of dishonesty. It is very unbecoming. So is your sense of entitlement, as if your loyalty is more important than anyone else's.

Please, if you wish to have a civil discussion, feel free. But otherwise, there is absolutely no reason for you to be hostile.

17. afa2000

afa2000 Time to die

Well, I know many of them and see more complaining than enjoying it. Just take a look at some signatures and see the joining date.

I would see some, of course. I usually do that. I'm just skeptical about getting 500+ votes in 4 days and getting different results from other polls.

I'm also at some brazilian forums. I can tell you that there are more people complaining than enjoying Civ V. As I have seen here. Oh, well, I know what comes next, every poll showing complaints is biased. People dont have any free will.

I would do the same you'll do with this poll results. Nothing else than trying to make ourselves being read.

18. Kolomboi

Kolomboi Chieftain

I know that there are a lot of people who enjoyed the way civ 4 was but I hated it. Not to say it was a terrible game but I expected more from it. I played Civ 3 even more than 4 most of the time. I'm glad Firaxis revamped a lot of things in 5. Yes is my vote.

19. Jharii

Jharii King

Being skeptical is one thing. Being accusatory is quite another.

Maybe people are voting more simply because it is a simple question presented in a very unbiased fashion. And please note that it's been near the top of the page for all 4 of those days because I requested that people posted in it to keep it bumped.

500 votes would be very easy to achieve with that kept in mind given the popularity of this site. 120 people viewing this thread right now at the moment of this edit. 500 in 4 days would definitely be easy.

20. afa2000

afa2000 Time to die

See the commas ? I'm talking about it:

"Well, you're the one who jumps in EVERY thread, not me."

Anyways, I was talking to him, not you. Sorry if it sounds rude.

It's a different question about the same subject: satisfaction.

We already have a lot of polls about the matter, as someone else said.

I'm glad you recognize my freedom of speech. Now, please, stop that drama. I didn't say anything about you. I just said it's exploitable, not necessarily by you.