Do you ever get forced to switch civics/religions

Pinstar

Ringtailed Regent
A common strat I've heard from players is to use spies to force a non-spiritual AI to switch religions and civics. While this may be done to screw the AI over diplomatically so you can bribe a war against them, at the very least it throws them into a turn of anarchy.

That got me thinking... why does the AI never religion/civic switch me?
They have no problem poisoning my water, stealing my techs, blowing up my buildings and sabotaging my improvements...but even in the games where I'm just getting brutalized by spies...not once have I been forced to civic/religion switch.

Was this not included due to AI coding limitations...or because it would be so painful for the player suffering it? Or was it included but only happens on a very rare occasion?

Probably coding limitations.

Why does the AI never foment unhappiness?

Because they're too busy poisoning your water. Why should they take time away from this vital task?

I agree, the AI isn't programmed to use espionage very effectively. They only do a few things, like sabotage or poisoning water. If the AI knew how to use espionage with their tendency to use the slider, the game would be a lot harder.

Top Bottom