1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you ever levy city-state military?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Art Morte, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Unikornus

Unikornus Chieftain

In one game I settled too far away too close to one other civilization so it kept falling into rebellion and my troops were too far away. So I levied a city state which was next door to use their military to retain control of that city.

2. CivBesch

CivBesch Chieftain

I am new in Civ6. Only played 3 games at the 3 lowest levels. Did it in the last 2 games late in the game, upgraded them (at the end of the game I still had 200,000 gold left in the last game) and overran all 18 civs. I only built half a dozen units myself.

3. Scaramanga

Scaramanga Brickhead

Sometime I will try levying a city-state just so I can surround it and block an AI from taking it, without declaring on me first. At least it will buy some time before I can declare on the AI.

4. MaryKB

MaryKB Goddess Queen Supporter

I was in a game just recently where Russia and Korea declared a joint war against me. I can't be bothered to actually engage in this conflict, so I just levied the militaries of two city states on their continent, upgraded them, and am using them to harass them until they want a peace treaty.