1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you ever quit without losing?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Bonesy, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Um the Muse

Um the Muse King

I sometimes lose focus on my goals in the Renaissance Era or so. I then end up abandoning the game, thinking that I'll come back to it someday. Then, about a month later, I'll open the game up, realize I don't remember a thing about what was going on, and delete the save.

So, yes, I often quit without losing (to the computer, anyway), but not from bad starts, usually. I'm with Ghpstage: not having strategic resources just makes the game more interesting ;)

2. geowzrd

geowzrd Warlord

All the time, once on a standard world I was Catherine and was trapped with Kublai on a ridiculously tiny island with no metal, and he wouldn't budge from my chariots.

3. auntjemima

auntjemima Chieftain

I never really quit without losing, however the game will often do that for me. I "love" when I'm embroiled in a huge war with tons of units and multiple combatants and due to my excitement haven't saved and reloaded too recently and so usually right after a huge and narrowly won battle I hit end turn to have my game crash "failed to allocate video memory" or some such even though every aspect of my PC far exceeds the recommended system requirements.

Often I will abandon the game and either start a new one or just do something else for the rest of the evening when this happens it irks me so much.

4. Tyroq

Tyroq Warlord

This. I'm a little bit ADD with long games. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Civ 4 and keep coming back to it. But usually my interest in any particular game only lasts a few weeks at most, then I quit and go play some RPG or FPS games for a while. If I happen to be in the middle of a Civ game when my interest wanes, I'll just leave it and probably never come back to it. Whenever I do get around to coming back to Civ, I'll start a new game rather than try to pick up wherever I left off the old one. :)

5. AJ11

AJ11 Emperor

You need to learn the "Monty, heel! Monty, fetch!" technique... :D