Do you hate any civs so much you never play them?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Artifex1, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Artifex1

Artifex1 Warlord

Or maybe on certain maps you refuse to play them (england on pangea? lol).

2. starrywisdom

starrywisdom Warlord

I refuse to play France, not that it's a bad civ; but because I like some variety and everyone I know has their panties in a bunch over France - lol.

3. Kimuyama

Kimuyama Prince

I don't hate any civs in civ 5, but in 4 I hated Louis' france so much that I:
    1) Never played as him
    2) Always, if he were to be in any of my games, I'd declare war on him
    I do not know why I hated him so much, I just did (Napoleon and DeGaulle were pretty a'aight though).

4. dayfax

dayfax Chieftain

India. Gandhi was such a warmongering little @!$% in earlier versions. I can't stand him.

5. cccv

cccv King

The more I hate a civ the more likely I am to play them. Whether it's because they're a pain in the ass or the leader just has an annoying voice, if I take that civ instead of the AI I won't have to deal with that problem.

6. Grievous

Grievous Chieftain

never play as america. (or israel in previous games).

7. Hakizo

Hakizo Chieftain

England on pangae isn't bad, Long bowman are better than ever with ranged improvement :)

I dislike Germany, always always always have to DoW, even when I'm stronger than them.

8. Teutorian

Teutorian Chieftain

What's wrong with Germany?

9. The A.K.T

The A.K.T Warlord

i never play as greece. they are just a bad civ

10. DemonMaster

DemonMaster A.K.A. Fenhorn

Never liked Iroquois. I like structure and for some reason they are all about non structure in a way, well, perhaps that's just me.

11. Grievous

Grievous Chieftain

germany are the best civ to play. simply because of the panzer. no other civ has decent enough enique mordern units.

12. PlyPlay665

PlyPlay665 First King of Persia

I still have yet to play the Mongolians, the Americans, or the Germans. Mostly because when I first started, those were the main Civs that seemed to always show up and beat me up. Especially the Germans.

Also, other Civs that I have yet to play are the Arabians, Aztecs, Egypt, India, Persia, Rome, or Siam... and now I'm beginning to think I don't play Civ V right.. o.o

13. Kimuyama

Kimuyama Prince

Wait, what?

14. apocalypse105

apocalypse105 Deity

Siam because this guy as AI is so a hypocrite he has a warmogner hate of 8/10 but declares war on everybody and conqueres his hole continent you Ramkhamhaeng!!!!! (If you declare war on someone you are a warmonger)

He olso has the most unbalanced AI allways backstab you and others and act friendly and ask to declare war against my friends what i allways try to destroy him if i can and i manually choose my oponnents so i dont get this hypocrite because i allways get him if i choose random opponents

I refuse to play with this guy He olso looks gay

Washington comes close to this guy olso a hypocrite and he plays diplomacy like a little child

15. vonbach

vonbach Prince

I'm picky about whom I play as. I typically wont play as non Europeans.

16. civnoob13

civnoob13 King

Never America because I never purchase land and their extra sight is rather boring. Also, am I right in saying that it only applies in specific circumstances because you still can't see beyond hills & forest? Never Ottoman because the maintenance reduction for the navy is pretty much useless because I only ever have a very small navy if any at all. Never England because their UA is pretty much useless IMHO. Probably a few others but I can't think of any.

17. Grievous

Grievous Chieftain

haha, sounds like you've only played with one civ

18. Drawmeus

Drawmeus Emperor

See I'm the opposite. I like playing the weak guys and playing them to their strengths - in an Ottomans game right now where I've diplomatically held off a couple aggressive neighbors to Gunpowder and am now in the process of blasting the crap out of them with janissaries (which are incredible for their era).

But honestly, I'm pretty sure I've played them all by now.

19. Keejus

Keejus Prince

I know the Iroquois will be the last civ I'll ever play. I do not care for Hiawatha or his smug, self-righteous face, and I find his meso-American architecture even more awkward than Gandhi's standard Asian cities.

20. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Emperor

Nope, I just started on V less than a month ago so I'm iterating my way through all of the leaders. I bought some of the DLC and I'm about halfway through them. Once that's done I'll enable Random Leader and Random Map as I did when playing Civ IV. While it's certain that some leaders suit my playing style better than others I enjoy the challenge of being thrown into a bind (Mongolia sans Horse, Rome without Iron, landlocked Vikings, etc.). I've been playing Civ since 1991 so for me a well-fought loss can be more fun than an easy win.