1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you hold an irrational grudge against Comp Players?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Diceclock, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Diceclock

Diceclock Chieftain

I do.

Next time I see Isabella I'm going to raze the hell out of her, because she smoked me like 4 games ago.

Ceasar = Dead.

Alex = Dead

Nedermeyer....

2. Gherald

Gherald Prince

I don't have any irrational grudges. I do however have some very rational dislikes of a few personalities such as Isabella and Toku. Monty cracks me up though... always building a gazillion crap military units when everyone else is a couple eras ahead.

3. LordOfTheDrinks

LordOfTheDrinks Chieftain

No.
    My no. 1 target in one game can be my best ally in the next.
    And I kinda like Isabella. As long as you manage to befriend her, you can count on a very good ally in a happily-stomp-on-everyone-around campaign. :D
    Tokugawa is somewhere high on my dislike scale, but not because of backstabbing or anything (hey, let's be honest... I do that too... :) ) only because he's almost impossible to please. I don't remember having open borders with him. Ever.

4. Pantastic

Pantastic King

Nah, I don't really care about them from one game to another, except for Tokagua. Not because of him being a danger, but because he's basically a wasted civ since he pretty much does no diplomacy. I don't mind someome crazy like Monty or opportunist like Alexander, but you can't really do anything with Tok.

5. IowaStateCy

IowaStateCy Chieftain

everytime I find out that Monty is one of my neighbors...I just roll my eyes cause of the antics I will have to put up with....

6. Chamaedrys

Chamaedrys Emperor

Yeah, I hate Monty, too. And Isabella and Kyros. I'am usually able to get along with them, but I can't. I have to eliminate them
    But I have always good relations with Hatsepsut. :egypt: She is really cute.

7. Bushface

Bushface Deity

I agree with Pantastic about Tok. Though I haven't seen him often. when he's been there all he does is sulk in his corner refusing to talk. He's supposed to be Aggressive and Organised; I think Isolationist and Defensive would suit better.

8. senwiz

senwiz Prince

Monty is hilarious. Acouple of games ago he declared war on men, then tried to invade with Spearmen and Catapults. I blew him away, literally. I launched a few transports loaded with tanks and Marines. I was sitting there the whole time, laughing.

I don't hold grudges against them. After all, if they stab me in the back...They get it back, with interest, The one who stabs me first, becomes target number one for invasion. And...I don't do peace. ;)

Last night, I made Monty a Permanent Ally. I thought that was so funny. He was so backwards, sheesh. I think the AI stops some civs from progressing, just as a joke for ya. Cuz, some of them are hilarious. LOL

9. Xanikk999

Xanikk999 History junkie

Its not just Monty, its toku also.

Toku almost ruined my first attempt to win at prince because he declared war on me early on and always had a ****load of units.

Luckily i kicked the crap out of his early conquest attempts and captured many of his cities crippling him for the rest of the game.
    Also tokugawa never opens borders and hes ANNOYED AT ME AT THE START OF THE GAME!!

I always kill him.

10. Xanikk999

Xanikk999 History junkie

Your right most of the time as you can see in my previous post.

However there is something VERY GOOD about toku and monty.

If you can get them to be your friends early in the game they will be your ***** for the rest of the game.

Meaning that i can get monty or toku to declare war on anyone. And since they are backwards i can offer them techs i wouldnt normally offer other civs. So i can get them to disrupt the peaceful AIs progress and it is quite fun!

11. Till

Till Adventurer

Hate is the wrong word, but i sometimes do get annoyed at the way civilizations are balanced. Tok is the best example here. I have never seen him amount to anything on any map, other than on maps, where contact with other civs came late for everybody.

12. mucco

mucco Warlord

Gandhi = dead, if he's close to me. Always.
    I like killing the french leaders, too. I can't stand them, they're more aggressive that genghis in my games :crazyeye:.
    And, in general, I have an irrational urge to kill when I'm losing a culture fight at the border. I can lose by spaceship, I stand being beaten by another civ, but seeing that you are losing tiles without anything to do... :aargh:

13. Sisiutil

Sisiutil All Leader Challenger

YES!! Glad to find someone else who feels that way about him.

Let me guess: he keeps sending settlers to found cities all around you, claim-jumping resources, cutting you off and strangling your expansion. While acting all friendly-like in the diplomacy screen.

Passive resistance? More like passive-aggressive.

If Ghandi is a neighbour, he NEVER gets Open Borders from me, I do my best to find a choke-point and expansion-strangle HIM, and as soon as I feel ready, I squash him like a bug.

With Monty and Isabella, getting along with them seems to completely depend on whether you share a religion or not. I've often founded a religion and converted Monty, making him my pet dog for the game. The problem with Isabella, though, is that usually founds religions before me, so I have to convert if I want to get along with her. And that holy city with its gold-magnet shrine is just SUCH a tempting treat...

14. scooter

scooter Prince

I'd have to say my grudges are very rational :D

15. zeeter

zeeter Emperor

There are certain civs whom I always have a tough time against. Catherine comes to mind. Whatever game I'm playing with her I tend to always be up against her in the end.

16. SWAT632

SWAT632 Chieftain

I dont like Louis XIV & I hate Mao
    he is my MORTAL ENEMY :mad: FOREVER :mad:

17. neriana

neriana Warlord

I tend to zoom to alphabet and rely somewhat on tech trading to backfill. Well, last game I tried that, I discovered that Tokugawa was my only neighbor, and I wasn't going to be able to find any others until Optics. Oops. He was friendly with me, same religion, I had better techs than him, but he wouldn't trade ANYTHING. Like, he wanted to keep those surplus pigs to himself for... some reason.

So yeah, from now on when Tokugawa's near me, I'm just going to see him as some free early cities, because he's useless.

18. emills

emills Warlord

Ghandi is my mortal enemy from my early civ III days. At least in civ IV he usually provides me with a holy city.

19. DngrMse

DngrMse Chieftain

Me? Grudges? Never!

Cyrus now....that guy hates my guts. So much so that I'm forced to destroy him each and every game, as pre-emptively soon as I can possibly manage.

20. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

same, he just seems to annoy me at the worst possible moments.