1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you know who Ronda Rousey is?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Nobody, Jul 18, 2014.

?

Do you know who these people are?

Poll closed Aug 2, 2014.
  1. Ronda Rousey

26.9%
  2. Georges St-Pierre

34.6%
  3. Anderson Silva

38.5%
  4. Jon Jones

15.4%
  5. Chris Weidman

15.4%
  6. Cain Velasquez

19.2%
  7. Uriah Faber

15.4%
  8. Cris Cyborg

7.7%
  9. Floyd Mayweather

46.2%
  10. What is a ufc?

46.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

So iv become a bit of a UFC fan lately and i was wondering how well known MMA stars are compared to other athletes.

Also what do you think of her and mma in general?
    I added Floyd Mayweather just to compare it to him. Also if you know who ronda and floyd are who wins in a fight?

I posted this in this forum to see what random people think not just the sports forum.

2. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

3. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

I loved Brock but he aint in the business any more

4. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

I thought a few of those names sounded familiar, but I don't really know them other than that they are UFC fighters. I have no problem with the sport, but I'm not anymore interested in it than I am in watching pretty much any other sports (which is little to no interest).

5. nerdfighter13

nerdfighter13 Prince of the Universe

I've heard of Mayweather and Velasquez, but only because I've seen their names in sports headlines in the paper. I don't really know anyone who is big into UFC though.

6. Quintillus

Quintillus Archiving Civ3 Content Supporter

I've heard of the first three. No particular opinion on them, although I'm probably slightly more familiar with GSP than the rest (which is still not very familiar). As I understand it, GSP is considered one of the all-time greats in mixed martial arts.

I consider MMA to be mildly entertaining to watch with friends who are more into it than I am (though not to the point of fanaticism), but I've never had any desire to watch it on my own.

7. EgonSpengler

EgonSpengler Deity

I'm a big fan of MMA, so I'm familiar with all of these names.

Rousey is simply outstanding, more than worthy of her ESPY (although I'm not familiar with all of the other nominees). As for Rousey vs. Mayweather, it depends entirely which sport it is. I don't think either would stand a chance swimming in the other's pond.

8. Berzerker

Berzerker Deity

Mayweather would win

9. Aleksey_aka_al

Aleksey_aka_al Smiley

She's cute.

10. EgonSpengler

EgonSpengler Deity

As for a real opponent for Rousey, it's clearly got to be Cyborg, if she's successful at cutting down to 135lbs (I'm skeptical). Holly Holm looks promising too.

Amen to that.

11. nc-1701

nc-1701 bombombedum

I'm a relatively avid MMA fan so of course I know who Rhonda Rousey is, same for everybody else. I think Rousey would rag doll Mayweather and break his arm personally. But he could easily evade and knock her out, hard to say what the odds should be.

12. EgonSpengler

EgonSpengler Deity

Yeah, most people don't even understand what world-class grappling is. Rousey is a 4th-degree black belt and there are people out there who believe that Mayweather would just "figure out" how to avoid getting taken down. :lol: I don't know if Mayweather could evade her for long, but I imagine he has the power to get a fast KO, which would be his only chance.

13. warpus

warpus In pork I trust

I've heard of Anderson, because a friend dragged me out to a WWE showing at a bar. It was actually alright. I usually don't like MME, because it ends up with two dudes making out on the floor every single time, it seems. All that rubbing, grinding, hugging.. it just isn't for me. If it was more bloodsport type kicks to the face all the time, I'd be watching every day.

I've also heard of St.Pierre, I think he's Canadian or something. I thought Mayweather was a boxer though, but I don't really follow boxing either. I find it even more boring.

14. Kozmos

Kozmos Jew Detective

Ronda is cray-cray though.