1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you like any AI leader?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Loxas, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

The only good AI leader is a dead AI leader, especially if I'm responsible.

Leyrann likes this.
  2. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

I prefer a gimp AI leader to a dead one. Much more pleasurable.

3. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

I am very embarrassed to admit I like Catherine.... and she is such a snob towards me! Yet Gilgamesh, whom I can't stand, I can't get to leave me alone. He's a complete dork.

And Cleo. Sigh. I'm a sucker for pretty eyes. I move heaven and earth to liberate her cities. Damn fool.

4. Futumch

Futumch Calm as a Coma

I like Harald and Gilgamesh.
    I haven't decided if I like Cyrus yet, but Alexander seems like a stupid git.
    The Chinese guy, Catherine, Gorgo and Montezuma are annoying as hell. If I'm playing an agressive strategy, I'll try to eliminate them first. Gorgo in particular is always happy to remind you if you have not been involved in a war for a couple of turns that you're a worthless coward.

Tiger Genocide likes this.
  5. Nigel_Tufnel2

Nigel_Tufnel2 King

Harald is the best, even if he spawns near you (like on big TSL maps). You gotta admit, Hardrada's diplomacy icon face looks like he's a dashing young pilot from bygone days. His over-eagerness I find very endearing, much like Harald Bluetooth in Civ V when Friendly. I totally lost it when Bluetooth showed up for the first time. His animation style was a bit of a pre-cursor to 6's style. If I had my preference, 6 would have more life-like figures with just slightly exaggerated movements or verbiage, but I do find it fun as implemented.

Vicky is highly entertaining. of course. The really dickish leaders I mostly just swear at every time they show up - it's the mildly disappointed/condescending ones like Pedro that really get my goat. Maybe because they are closer to real people I know? I just want to smack them in the gob. More than once.

Victoria likes this.
  6. isau

isau Deity

I still remember the first time I was playing the Civ V Vox Populi mod and Harald declared war on me. I don't think I'd seen his declare animation before that. I literally jumped in my seat. And then the AI proceeded to roll towards me with a huge force. I'm hoping we can get Civ 6 back to that level of fear factor when they declare (to say nothing of Civ 4).

There are a few leaders I hope show up again in Civ 6 just because I want to see their leader art. Most especially Catherine the Great and Isabella.

If there is any leader that I have despised in every appearance in every Civ game, it's Napoleon. I make sure to destroy him first chance I get in every game.

agonistes and Nigel_Tufnel2 like this.
  7. agonistes

Gilgamesh reminds me of the guy in Baldur's Gate II, Nibler I think, who follows you around going "heya!" in a really annoying voice.

4N4C0ND4 likes this.
  8. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

I got this with Jadwiga, even though she typically ends up disliking me for one reason or another. I feel like she often spawns close to me, which greatly increases the chance of AI declaring war on me, and yeah, if you declare war on me, I will not rest before I have captured at least one city, and I don't give back what I earned through iron and blood.

Tiger Genocide and nzcamel like this.
  9. Eliminator_Sr

Eliminator_Sr Prince

I kind of have a soft spot for Cleopatra and usually end up sparing some of her cities and eventually becoming friendly though she declares war a lot early. The most entertaining for me are Phillip with all his exaggerated sword waving, Victoria and her mannerisms, and then probably Teddy who seems to take everything in stride. I've only run into Curtin a few times so far but I like him as well. My least favorite by far is Ghandi and then probably Peter.

10. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

Tough choice if they had chosen Tony Blair instead of Vickie as leader.

Victoria likes this.
  11. Futumch

Futumch Calm as a Coma

It's amazing how quiet Gorgo is when the heartland of her territory is radioactive : )

12. agonistes

I wanted to both laugh and tsk you.

13. 4N4C0ND4

4N4C0ND4 King

I like Jad and Cleo, because reasons ;)

In the other hand, Chinese kid, African wizard and Indian troll are annoying as hell. But this is mostly because of the agenda and the spam denouncements... Tbh if they stopped popping every 2 min telling me how they hate me so bad, I would be more kind to give them a chance...

14. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

This may surprise some people, but I like Montezuma. As long as you trade him all your surplus luxuries, he's actually really easy to get along with.

I also like CdM. She's predictably treacherous in the early game, but once you hit Printing Press she's easy to befriend and surprisingly becomes a loyal ally.

I like Jadwiga. She often hates me, but she's just too adorable to be angry with. :love:

Hypothetically TR should be easy to get along with if you start on the same continent, but for some reason he always seems to hate me, despite the fact that I never declare war...

15. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

I'm buddies with Gilgabro, and have a lot of sympathy for Catherine (I abused her when pursuing various achievements, and I still feel a bit guilty).

16. Calyxx

Calyxx Warlord

I agree - even when I've never declared war and never taken a city in a defensive war (so... no warmongering), Teddy never seems to like me when starting on the same continent. I have also noticed that he seems to have 'Environmentalist' as a second agenda in a seemingly disproportionate number of games - which naturally causes him to hate me, as I clear rainforests and some bonus resources with a vengeance.

Zaarin likes this.
  17. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

I don't even do that and he still hates me. :p

I have noticed, though, that the "random" agendas aren't very random. Tomyris has had the Idealogue agenda in every game I've encountered her in; Teddy usually has Environmentalist; Pedro and Harald both frequently have Industrialist...Those are the major patterns I've seen. On one hand of the spectrum, I played one game in which Cleopatra must have been schizophrenic: she had the Paranoid agenda. :lol: Another game, I encountered Gorgo with the Darwinist agenda. :eek: Personally, I think "Idealogue" should be cut from the game. Conflict between different forms of government wasn't really a thing until the Cold War, and the penalties for different governments is already too extreme without the Idealogue agenda. Any leader with that agenda is insufferable.

Tiger Genocide likes this.
  18. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

Gandhi often has Nuke Happy and Trajan likes lots of population in most games. Harald is often looking for money/income in my games.

19. The Kingmaker

The Kingmaker Alexander

Yes, it does seem like they've rigged it to pull certain secret agendas more than others.

Zaarin likes this.
  20. agonistes

I believe that has been verified and noted somewhere around here.