Do you like any number?

My favorite number is 22.

Ah. But they're divisible by three. You've got to warm to both of them on that basis alone.

69 has the more appealing prime decomposition, though.

See, that's the trouble: (2^8)(3) is much messier than (3)(23).

See, that's the trouble: (2^8)(3) is much messier than (3)(23).

Yes, but from the point of view of 9, they are both very related (in some formula i suppose they can be seen at times as the same type of instance), cause 1068=69 if you add each part of the number, so both are perfectly divided by 9, like any other adding up to 9 :)

EDIT: careless/non engineer class error here, those two both add up to 6, of course, not 9 ;)

Which, in my view, is probably the most important effect of our human notion of integers :D

(even if the system did not expand a level after 9, ie at 10 etc, the whole of integers still would be following this rule for 9. But that our system stops at a level following 9 does seem to show some intuitive or other insight, which was there not only in arab numerals but also (at least) Greek numerals since they also ended in 9 and then used a new symbol for 10,20...,100...1000 etc :) ).

The number of the case (out of 13.491 faulty ones) that cracked an issue for me today which I've been racking my brains over for the last 3 or 4 days. Funny thing, I've been trying logic all that time. 80196 was the 3rd number to come up in a random case search, and bang, problem identified.

Best thing was, there were only 192 other cases which would have given me this insight. I was lucky today. So today it's 80196. Which is also a good-looking number.

Ach! I'm not so fond of numbers beginning 801. For some reason I find them unsettling.

Is that a doctoral or masters level?

I'm partial to 1/2, any fraction, really.

Well:

That word has 6 letters, and 3 of them are the same. 6+3= Nine, and in german Nein is the same as nooope, apparently :p :devil:

(so herr freud would possibly term your use of three o's there as partly subconscious will to vote for 9 :p ).

Freud might also deduce I have the jungle fever on that evidence.

A different witty way of answering: Oh yes, any number.

Top Bottom