Do you *love* the United States?

Do you *love* the United States?

• I'm an American and I love my country! USA! USA!

Votes: 58 39.7%
  • I'm an American and I like my country, but I can't say I love it.

Votes: 26 17.8%
  • I'm an American and I hate my country.

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • I'm not an American.

Votes: 48 32.9%
  • I enjoy picking my nose.

Votes: 10 6.8%

• Total voters
My favorite aspect bolded.:cool:

As for my opinion, I like america. Don't love it.

It is kinda crappy that nowadays Americans support unjustified/wasteful wars, and have this chauvinistic attitude about them. Also, the nanny state laws that we have in some places are rather ******ed, and need to be done away with.

But on the other hand, we have had some seriously awesome stuff comeout of this country. I don't know what I'd do without Hip-Hop/Jazz/Blues music. The people, while maybe a bit on the dumb side, are also quite nice in most cases. There also, as downtown mentioned, is an abundance of nice scenery, especially out here in Oregon.

So, this country does have its problems, but also it is pretty great overall.

Won't stop me from wanting to travel the world, however.:D

Obviously your definition of America is different from mine. America is an idea, not a people or land. America is the idea of individual freedom, responsibility, and justice. Those f-tards that you just mentioned, aren't American. They're just posing.

america isnt as free as people state it is..

I know, last time I was down there I spent a fortune! :D

i exist to serve, my loyalities lie here

God
Family
America
Texas
Friends

those are what im willing to die and fight for, becuase i belive in them
So ... you're a slave then? Personally, I am not here to serve anyone or anything --- least of all some jingoistic abstract, like a nation, or a party. That is not to say that I don't have loyalties; I simply do not serve them. This sort of blind faith only leads to trouble.

OWNED. HAHAHAHAHAHA.

The reason the USA has the highest teen pregnancy rate, candle86, is because of ignorant people like yourself who stop sex education from being taught in schools.

The reason we have i high rate, though its around age 16 in America that it happens is parents not taking an active role in there childrens lifestyle. It is not the schools or governments job to fill in where a parent fails.

WARNING WHAT FOLLOW HAS SARCASM!

I'm afraid, not everyone is blessed By the Lord all mighty to be born in America. Please be forgiving towards the lost souls who were not chosen by our Lord, To be his preferred children.

Do they teach respect in the USA? I guess not. Thankfully there are other posters on the forum from the US which proves you are the exception and part of the minority we like to poke fun at.

Insulting other people because they are different (the word inferior would probably be a better choice for your reading comprehension though)
will get you nowhere but giving a bad name to your loved country. If all Americans were to be like you, gee...

The vast majority of american sentiment is not represented here, your forgetting something, most americans do not post on forums, your getting a minority, most of my friends dont even use the internet except for email, and 99% of my friends have the same view as me. It comes from watching the news and seeing you Europeans, england excluded violate the NATO pact and refuse to come to our aid after 9/11 when we attacked afganistan. You said it wasnt your problem. We saw on the news that france was selling guns, planes, missles and god knows what else to Iraq right before the invasion. We are very justified in how we feel about western europe. How i feel about eastern europe, i have no base, and thus no feeling one way or another, they are not American allies except through the UN, and the UN doesnt work anyway, so as it stands the countries i really cant stand are France, Spain, Germany, and Italy.

Obviously your definition of America is different from mine. America is an idea, not a people or land. America is the idea of individual freedom, responsibility, and justice. Those f-tards that you just mentioned, aren't American. They're just posing.

America is a country, we are Americans. The idea is freedom from opression, and tyranny. To get it you need to live here though.

The vast majority of american sentiment is not represented here, your forgetting something, most americans do not post on forums, your getting a minority, most of my friends dont even use the internet except for email, and 99% of my friends have the same view as me.
Actually, most Americans are Centrists, at least by our own standards. Periodically we drift a little right of center or a little of center, but basically we remain moderate. It is a very small minority that are as left wing as I am, or as right wing as you appear to be.

candle86 said:
America is a country, we are Americans. The idea is freedom from opression, and tyranny. To get it you need to live here though.
That's a very narrow view. I know many people who subscribe to a similar view of America as John. I know I do.

so as it stands the countries i really cant stand are France, Spain, Germany, and Italy.
GREEEAT! That means we are doing well. :goodjob:

the thread clown said:

I knew the Belgians were oppressed, but I wasn't aware that the French, the Dutch and the Australians were also oppressed.

This thread has been an eye opener.

Clearly, the high teenage pregnancy rates in the States is due to illegal immigrants (the kind who set the American flag on fire), and not to actual Americans who are still taught morals in Texan schools.

It's a shame they don't also teach them statistics and how to go on a fact-finding mission, but one step at a time, one step at a time.

Clearly, the high teenage pregnancy rates in the States is due to illegal immigrants (the kind who set the American flag on fire), and not to actual Americans who are still taught morals in Texan schools.
Prove it. And BTW Europa is plenty of immigrants too, so hardly an excuse in any case. :mischief:

Ops, my fault totally. Reading again your post with more attention sarcasm results more than obvious. ;)

It's a shame they don't also teach them statistics and how to go on a fact-finding mission, but one step at a time, one step at a time.

To be honest, your an idiot, and you can not read, but thats ok. Your from canada, we Americans dont expect much from you anyway. I mean 90% of you are pot heads anyway, so tell ya what, come back when your not smoking that happy grass, and your country has a since of dignity, instead of doing nothing, while whineing about everything

Moderator Action: Warned for trolling and nation bashing.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

To be honest, your an idiot, and you can not read, but thats ok. Your from canada, we Americans dont expect much from you anyway. I mean 90% of you are pot heads anyway, so tell ya what, come back when your not smoking that happy grass, and your country has a since of dignity, instead of doing nothing, while whineing about everything

He's right pboily, maybe we should get off our arses and send some troops to Afganistan. Maybe coax our friends the Dutch to do so as well.

To be honest, so are you, and neither can you. Not two posts above he explains explicitly that his post was total sarcasm, but it's so thick it makes molasses in the wintertime look like Kate Moss, how you missed it is beyond me.

Moderator Action: Warned, trolling.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

He's right pboily, maybe we should get off our arses and send some troops to Afganistan. Maybe coax our friends the Dutch to do so as well.
Well, it won't make up for the fact that we didn't send any troops overseas during the 2nd World War, and that we just sat and watched as the US took on the Nazis, alone, from the get-go.

Well, it won't make up for the fact that we didn't send any troops overseas during the 2nd World War, and that we just sat and watched as the US took on the Nazis, alone, from the get-go.

the last major militray action you people did take action is was WW2. 200 candian troops sitting behind the lines in afganistan amounts more to goodwill tour than anything of much value when combat is concerned

Top Bottom