1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you plan on playing Civ5 after Civ6 comes out?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Disgustipated, Oct 11, 2016.

?

Will you play Civilization 5 after Civilization 6 comes out?

Poll closed Oct 24, 2016.
  1. Yes I will play a considerable amount

16 vote(s)
    45.7%
  2. Yes I may play a game here or there

9 vote(s)
    25.7%
  3. No I will have moved on completely

8 vote(s)
    22.9%
  4. I don't plan on purchasing Civilization 6

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cranium1

cranium1 Chieftain

I have in fact played more of 5 than 6 ever since 6 came out. Around 4-5 hours more. I don't think I am going to give up on 5 till a few patches and maybe an expansion or two comes out for Civ6.

2. Gin-san

Gin-san Chieftain

I'm also back to Civ 5. Haven't played Civ 6 for 3-4 days now, because I don't enjoy playing it while all the bugs are still out there. And due to the new movement rules the games feels very slow to me.

3. Chum

Chum King

New movement rules are some of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

You can't spend 3000 hours in Civ 5 and not be annoyed by the arbitrary changes to that stuff.

4. Splitzle

Splitzle Chieftain

I haven't bought civ 6 yet, but I know it's buggy. Civ 5 is still a masterpiece of a game and always will be, so I'll stick with it for now.

5. genyl

genyl Chieftain

after dropping 50h in civ6 I am back to 5

It feels so nice to be in a polished game again and compared to civ6 the AI actually doesnt seem too bad

i even installed again civ3 and civ4. I found the graphics of civ4 a bit outdated. but I actually like the graphics of civ5 more than the latest installment

6. Shawnees

Shawnees Chieftain

I just now switched from IV to V, so I'm guessing I'll switch to VI when VII comes out.

7. stormtrooper412

stormtrooper412 Peacemongering Turtlesaur

Well, I'm likely going to go back to Civ5 after seeing how terribly broken 6 is

Horizons likes this.
  8. zxcvbob

zxcvbob Emperor

I've played 10 or 12 hours of Civ6 and I really dislike it. :sad: Going to force myself to finish a game or two before I pass final judgement; maybe it will grow on me once I know what I'm doing. So far I don't see any redeeming qualities, and it doesn't run on my computer; I have to borrow one to play (it barely runs there)

I will definitely keep playing 5.

Horizons likes this.
  9. lindsay40k

lindsay40k Emperor

Now and then I'll have a tinkle to see how big a Petra capital or how wide an empire I can make or for a game of Let's Exploit The Brokenness Of Range Logistics but for nearly all purposes I'll probably be 80:20 VI:IV. But I'm only going to jump ship when the terrible AI and massive Eurasian focus are sorted out, probably with a £20 Complete Edition sale.

Horizons likes this.
  10. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

11. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

I abosolutely love Civ6. I felt like I might play Civ5 a little more when I made this thread, but I doubt it. I'm running out of room on my main hard drive, and I may delete Civ5 to free up some room. I need to delete Civ4 as well.

Yeah the game isn't as challenging, but there is more fun stuff to do.

12. mbbcam

mbbcam Prince

I was very disappointed with Civ6 so I went back to Civ5. I haven't tried the patched game yet, but I think it will take further improvements to persuade me to play the game regularly.

Horizons likes this.
  13. Horizons

Horizons Needing fed again!

I also really dislike Civ6, but I can't go back to Civ5. Played it for a couple of thousand hours and had high hopes for something new and refreshing. Unfortunately I got Civ6 instead lol.

Deadstarre likes this.
  14. mikehunt

mikehunt Warlord

yes, in fact I just got around to getting BNW and G&K even though I've been playing civ5 for years
    I wish I had waited another week though for the steam sale. At least I got a discount on the bundle I bought due to already having parts of it

15. meatball20

meatball20 rockhound

don't take gaymess seriously. after patches I cant find productio9n iron in civ4 and cuolture bonus in liberty for planting a city. mods are good for both need another expansion for be before getting civ6 or itself. 3d video cards and 4g tv seem the up and up for the next ones even though ai might take over

16. mdl5000

mdl5000 Warlord

I can't play Civ 6 until I work up the nerve to buy a new PC. But from what I'm hearing, it doesn't sound like I'm missing much...

17. ragan651

ragan651 High Regent of Candlewick

I have been hearing a lot of good things about Civ VI until recently. Kind of surprised but not really. Civ games aren't great at launch, they take a little time to mature. By time I mean patches and expansions. Have not played VI yet, my computer can't possibly handle it.

18. MarkEmm

MarkEmm Chieftain

50-60 hours of Civ 6. Yawn. Back to Civ 5 with mods.

19. jacksone kain

jacksone kain Chieftain

loving civ 6 prob never play civ 5 again

20. chriskj

chriskj Chieftain

I've played Civ 6 for about 75 hrs. and the more I play the more I dislike it. I think it will be a great game in the future, but like most Civ games the vanilla release has a lot of issues. Going back to Civ 5 with the recently updated community patch for a while.

vyyt likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.