Votes: 4 22.2%
  • All I can say is that abndonware is for crazy people

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Civlord

King
So, do you play abandonware? If you really like them, what games do you play?

i played metal fatigue, which i think is abandonware i mean it was on the underdogs site

I am playing Sensible world of soccer. Others favorite were/are Exstatica, Alone in the dark, Prince 1,2, Duke Nukem 1,2,3, Broken Sword and of course civ 2:) (Civ 1 I was playing not often because when I got it I have already win and had problems with it. I think old games had better atmosphere....and for example SWOS is unbeatable.

Turner_727 said:
Abandonware is fiction. There is no such thing.

Call it what it is - piracy.

No it isn't. Plenty of games old enough that they're free now.

There's a difference between the developer releasing the game to Public Domain, and abandonware.

You can dress it up anyway you like, but until the developer releases it to the public domain, 'abandonware' is piracy.

Turner_727 said:
Abandonware is fiction. There is no such thing.

Call it what it is - piracy.

Thats like saying don't call it skittles, call it candy when we are are not discussing every type of candy. Very pointless.

Well, according to Wikipedia : "Abandonware is computer software which is no longer being sold or supported by its copyright holder."

I guess Super Mario Kart can be counted as abandonware then. And I still play it each time I see my brother. As he lives in Australia, it's not very frequent I must say... so I've downloaded a PC version of the game to remind me the good ol'time.

I'm not sure downloading Mario Kart is illegal though. That game isn't sold anymore so it's pretty hypocritical to call this "piracy" getting something you couldn't buy anyway. Those old games aren't illicit products that should be banned. I can't see any reason to forbid us to play them.

EDIT : By the way, when my brother comes in France, we plug back the old super nintendo and play on that version (this way we can play both together). :)

Abandonware is a fiction thought up by people to justify pirating older, out of date and hard to get games.

I could call an apple an orange if it makes me feel better, but it's still an apple.

Turner_727 said:
Abandonware is a fiction thought up by people to justify pirating older, out of date and hard to get games.

I could call an apple an orange if it makes me feel better, but it's still an apple.
Are you the kind of guy who believes it's a sin to have sex before wedding ?

Moderator Action: Warned for flaming. - KD
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Turner_727 said:

Oh god you're sad. Typical of Emos... or people with no friends. No, E-Friends don't count. :cool:

Moderator Action: Warned for flaming. - KD
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

You do realize Turner has a wife and family..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom