Do you play Civ V with any Mods?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by BjoernLars, Sep 8, 2011.

?

Do you play with any Mods?

1. The game is completely fine without any Mods.

26 vote(s)
    37.1%
  2. I’d like to play with some Mods but I’m too busy trying unlock the achievements.

10 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. I just use Info Addict.

9 vote(s)
    12.9%
  4. I use Mods that just to add some more flavor to the game (extra Wonders, Civs).

8 vote(s)
    11.4%
  5. I use Mods that greatly change the balance and overall rules of game (NiGHTS, Medmod).

7 vote(s)
    10.0%
  6. My computer barely runs Civ V and I don’t want to slow it down anymore with Mods.

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  7. Other (please explain):

8 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. BjoernLars

BjoernLars Warlord

How do you Mod Civ V? Which Mods? Why? Let us know!

2. Babri

Babri Emperor

I play VEM mod (Thal Mod) & sometimes CSD as well. For map scripts Perfect World 3 is a good one.

3. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

I don't use any mods. I used to use Info Addict a bit, but haven't recently.

4. RealHuhn

RealHuhn Emperor

Can't vote because there's not a simple "No" answer.
    The game isn't completely fine but I don't use any mods. The UI is good enough.

Anyway, I like total conversion mods like fall from heaven. That mod was absolutely brilliant and I wish it would return to Civ V :(

5. Rinnero

Rinnero Chieftain

Mods, not working in MP are useless.

6. anandus

anandus Errorist

I don't use mods, I like it as it is.

I have used some mods in the past (InfoAddict, CivWillart, TBC, you know, the usual), but actually I kind of like the way the game is as it is :)

7. Becomedeath

Becomedeath The Destroyer

I've never had any reason to. The mods that I have looked at detract from the game and change what it is.

When I played WoW I was modded to the hilt with my UI looking like something Darth Vader would use to do his Galactic Taxes and enough information to make a Shuttle Launch blush, but none of it changed the actual game, it simply enabled me to play the game more effectively by having more available data.

In Civ, I have all the information I need to play, so I've never had a need to get more data on what's going on with various dynamics, the UI provided is more than sufficent. That said, I will check out Info Addict as it appears to give insight without detraction, although one has to wonder why this type of information isn't available as standard!

I don't like having the game changed as it feels, to me, like cheating. For example, the popular "balance mods" appear to change so much of the game I'm left wondering why people are playing it in the first place, it's practically an entirely different game from where I sit.

I would consider a decent future era(s) mod, but personally I would prefer an expansion\DLC for this.

8. ColinTH

ColinTH Prince

I voted other, I don't use mods, but if there is one that sorts out the couthouse bug I might be tempted. I havn't played civ5 properly for a long time because of the bug, I refuse to build a couthouse and as a consequence the type of game I can play is very limited!

9. weakciv

weakciv Prince

no mods ... im lazy

10. Becomedeath

Becomedeath The Destroyer

I have never understood why people make such a big deal out of this bug. Just consider it to give +2 happiness on top of the Occupied unhappiness bonus.

It's there and it's clearly a bug, but I've never seen why it's considered so game-breaking. :confused:

11. eris

eris King

Info addict!!

And a clock.

In Civ4, the only mods I use are BUG and BAT.

So, no gameplay mods.

12. Ellye

Ellye Warlord

I don't use any mods, mostly because I'm an Achievement addict.
    But I also dislike gameplay changing mods (unless it's a Total Conversion or close).

It breaks a pretty big part of the balance between puppet/annex. Makes a lot of difference for warmongering games.

13. torfish

torfish Chieftain

I haven't needed to use any mods

14. Steelyglint

Steelyglint Warlord

InfoAddict - Cool n helpful if immoral
    A mod which gives a free Warrior with Honour opener - Speeds the game up slightly
    A mod which removes InstHeal - IH is gamebreaking
    A mod which makes CityStates aggressive - Funner game. Makes CSes more worth having

15. Nebular

Nebular Chieftain

I just use Info Addict and Civ Willard to make getting the information I want/need much easier.

16. dexters

dexters Gods & Emperors Supporter

Usually no mods, recently found InfoAddict. Firaxis should really include it as a standard feature in future release.

17. Ellye

Ellye Warlord

Hm, taking a quick look at the mods forum here, now I'm tempted to try out NiGHTS. Perhaps in the far future.

18. Ravellion

Ravellion Prince

i don't use any mods, and the game is fine as it is... though I would like a clock, now that I have read about it in this thread. I might download one once I am done with the achievements :)

19. Man vs Civ AI

Man vs Civ AI Chieftain

I think the game is fine as it is. If I get bored with it or see a great need to go with a mod, then I would do it.

20. basta

basta Prince

I always start a game with info addict--it's my default--but rarely consult it in the end.
    All this info was available in Civ IV and IMO should be part of the default interface.

We even had a post by 2kgreg saying Info Addict-inspired graphics were going to be included in a patch, but then you find out it's for the replay. Meh.

Anyway, for now vanilla is fine, though I have great hope for some serious modding once the SDK is out.