Do you play with a turn limit?

Larsenex

King
Greetings Fanatics,

I just had a question but it is also kinda tied to what size map.

I prefer Ynamps very large maps and have never played any civ game with a turn limit > civ CtP, Civ IV, V or VI. I just find that a turn limit makes me feel like I gotta rush but that is how I play.

How about you?

I have a habit of turning it off. In practice, though, my games end long before the turn limit is anywhere close, so these days I just leave it on.

Sometimes I forget to turn it off. But it has never really mattered, all games have been finished well before I run out of turns.

I play with turn limit on because it's default I never cared to switch,because why to bother? Anyway, with turn limit of 500, at normal speed, every game lasts for less than 400. Even on huge maps.

I only switch it off in games where i use mods that slow down the game.
Normal games i never bother, all standard games are usually under 300 turns anyway.

I have never once switched it off. I also never once reached 2050. I also keep score victory on, otherwise I can't see my score which helps me evaluate my strength to the AI civs.

I never bothered turning it off becuase I"ve never got even close to the turn limit. But in theory, I'd prefer turning it off

I've never turned it off, but I like to finish games (most games, I'm going for a "win as ..." achievement). One of these days (or years) maybe I'll try it for something different.

I like to keep it in the game cause if i do not win the game on epic 100-200 turns before i hit 750 turns. One of the AI’s will.
Beleave that if i turn it off i cant look at the current score. Which i find to be helpfull and fun when i advance gradually through the era’s.

Greetings Fanatics,

I just had a question but it is also kinda tied to what size map.

I prefer Ynamps very large maps and have never played any civ game with a turn limit > civ CtP, Civ IV, V or VI. I just find that a turn limit makes me feel like I gotta rush but that is how I play.

How about you?

1500 turns at Marathon pace.

I forgot it existed before I bumped into this thread.

Top Bottom