Do you see transgendered folks as female?

Maybe I'll read that in a couple weeks when I'm back from the desert and rested.... A tl;dr line would be nice.

Maybe I'll read that in a couple weeks when I'm back from the desert and rested.... A tl;dr line would be nice.

tl;dr - if gender is performative, whence gender-based oppression?

You should still read it though, because her argument is far more nuanced than that, and because I took the time to type it up from the book for you.

Again. TG doesn't necessarily mean Sex reassignment surgery. Nor does it necessarily mean male-to-female TG. Nor female-to-male, for that matter.

Surgery is an ultimate logical conclusion. And males are more common, as OP states. Should I, for the sake of political correctness, decline what I said for every type out there?

If s/he is not mutilated, then still deranged. Are there forcible surgery cases?

If the person is female originally, then I see her as a deranged female. Are there penises being transplanted?

If it is a physical congenital defect, then I see this unlucky person as physically abnormal and could only sympathize with his troubles he didn't choose.

If it is a physical congenital defect, then I see this unlucky person as physically abnormal and could only sympathize with his troubles he didn't choose.

That's just it, whether it's physical or not it's not their choice.

That's just it, whether it's physical or not it's not their choice.

What happens in your mind is your choice unless you're intoxicated or other way organically abnormal. And even then you have some scale of a choice.

Society or environment can influence and force you to this or that. But it is still your choice to remain sensible and mentally healthy or at least try to be that.

All those talks about homosexuality being genetical are unfounded BS which contradicts other known facts and sense. Sexual behaviour is very much culturally dependent and can be taught.

DO NOT TRY TO PERSUADE ME OF THE OPPOSITE!!!

THIS IS MY CONGENITAL GENETICALLY BASED BELIEF!!!

What happens in your mind is your choice unless you're intoxicated or other way organically abnormal. And even then you have some scale of a choice.

Society or environment can influence and force you to this or that. But it is still your choice to remain sensible and mentally healthy or at least try to be that.

All those talks about homosexuality being genetical are unfounded BS which contradicts other known facts and sense. Sexual behaviour is very much culturally dependent and can be taught.

DO NOT TRY TO PERSUADE ME OF THE OPPOSITE!!!

THIS IS MY CONGENITAL GENETICALLY BASED BELIEF!!!

I'll keep this in mind. Knowing that everything that ever happens is a simple choice will really help me in being judgemental of others. Transgendered people are obviously too stupid to just be normal and be "mentally healthy". :crazyeye:

I'll keep this in mind. Knowing that everything that ever happens is a simple choice will really help me in being judgemental of others. Transgendered people are obviously too stupid to just be normal and be "mentally healthy". :crazyeye:

Life is complex and everyone has an individual story. But yes, unless specific trauma, homosexuality comes from mental immaturity, infantilism, whims, looseness, etc.

It is always easier to blame a predeterminating factor or use it as an excuse, than to work on one's own character and behaviour.

Most of the times, homosexuality is not just a choice, it is a luxury.

Life is complex and everyone has an individual story. But yes, unless specific trauma, homosexuality comes from mental immaturity, infantilism, whims, looseness, etc.

It is always easier to blame a predeterminating factor or use it as an excuse, than to work on one's own character and behaviour.

Homosexuality is not even the topic of conversation here, so I'm not sure why you're bringing it up.

http://www.gjss.org/sites/default/files/issues/chapters/papers/Journal-07-02--02-Kennedy-Hellen.pdf

The average age of realization that their gender differed from society's expected gender for them was 7.9 years. Modal age was only 5. Not old enough to choose.

I can see your point. One day, I hope to have the luxury of being outcasted, beaten to death, and considered lesser.

Homosexuality is not even the topic of conversation here, so I'm not sure why you're bringing it up.

http://www.gjss.org/sites/default/files/issues/chapters/papers/Journal-07-02--02-Kennedy-Hellen.pdf

The average age of realization that their gender differed from society's expected gender for them was 7.9 years. Modal age was only 5. Not old enough to choose.

Facepalm. They've invented so many terms to drown those who dare to argue!

I have long hair. Which most women here see as strange or unmanly. Starting with childhood, I've ignored some stereotypes about how males should and should not behave, being uncomfortable with those constraints. So am I transgender too? :lol: :scan:

Fair enough. There're probably some people who cannot be swayed by evidence, if something distresses them enough.

Liberals?

Sure. Nearly everyone has unswayable biases.

You can think of transgenderism as a congenital issue. I mostly do, too. It's a neuroanatomical quirk, where their neuroanatomy doesn't match their genitals.

We're in the process of looking for therapies. We're advanced enough, technologically, that we can try to modify the body to match the brain. We'll give it a go, see if it helps. And then some patience and consideration from us can only really help give the therapy a reasonable shot at success.

It's not like persecution will help

Do we have any figures on what percent of the population are dissatisfied with the gender that was assigned to them at a young age?

Most estimates are from 0.1 to 0.3%, with the highest going to 1.0%, but that includes other categories like non-binary in general IIRC.

Top Bottom