Do you still play Warlords???

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Civfan333, Oct 26, 2007.

?

Do you still play Warlords

1. yes, all the time

58 vote(s)
    16.6%
  2. only because I don't own BTS

74 vote(s)
    21.2%
  3. no, only because I have BTS

168 vote(s)
    48.1%
  4. Never anymore

41 vote(s)
    11.7%
  5. Hated the game

8 vote(s)
    2.3%
  1. Civfan333

Civfan333 full metal alchemist

Please vote and say why. I wonder how many play even if they own BTS. I voted only because I don't have BTS:cry: :cry: :wallbash: :wallbash:

2. kazapp

kazapp Emperor

Many aspects of Warlords are part of every game I play. Because I have BtS.

But there's no option to say that: "yes, I'm using Great Warlords etc etc so I'm playing Warlords".

If you mean playing Warlords as an expansion, then no. I see no reason not upgrading to BtS.

3. Antilogic

Antilogic --

I love having extra Civs and Leaders, so I stick with BtS. The espionage is also a nice element to the game.

I can't stand playing Vanilla or Warlords anymore...I just open BtS and go to town. :)

4. G Julius Caesar

G Julius Caesar Warlord

I've played BTS once, as soon as I got it home on the day it came out. It takes too long to load saves and until that problem is overcome (not sure if its a bug, or my computer needs upgrading) I'm sticking with Warlords.

Tis a shame cos I quite like the look of BTS.

5. manu-fan

manu-fan Emperor

I play Warlords. I have a Mac. Nuf said!

Cheers.

6. Civfan333

The third one you can vote for is supposed to say yes, even though I own BTS. ;) Sorry for the mistake, but I was REALLY tired when I made the thread.:lol: :lol:

7. IamJohn

IamJohn (was)?

Warlords was a waste of money even before BTS came out, so I haven't touched it in many months.

8. Mad2rix

Mad2rix Warlord

I play the BTS because of their extra features including espionage missions and also it's the latest expansion pack.

9. gps

gps King

Sure, not all the time, but now and then. Where's that option? ;)
    What kind of a Civfanatic would I be, if I ignored all other incarnations of that great game series??? On my PC they are all installed and ready to play.
    Guess I like having options... ;)

10. Civfan333

Well, in my second post in this thread, I said that even though you own BTS. So you can just vote for that one.;) :D :D :lol:

11. civplayah

civplayah phantasm

I play Warlords occasionally, even though I own BTS. I sometimes feel overwhelemed by the new features, so I go back to Warlords!

12. DeaExMachina

DeaExMachina Warlord

I play both, but I really don't like most of what was done in BtS so I prefer Warlords. However I've been playing mods that use the BtS 3.13 patch a lot more then anything. :p

13. gdgrimm

gdgrimm Prince

I didn't purchase BtS. The things they added don't seem to be too interesting to me, and it seemed to have some real game breaking bugs. Even when those bugs get worked out, I still don't think the changes made (mostly Corporations and Espionage) are truly interesting enough to upgrade.

14. Terrance888

Terrance888 Discord Reigns

I like both, especially the "Chinease Unification" of warlords. Also I hope there would be "warlord stats"... no hope fopr me. :sad:

15. seelk

seelk Chieftain

I only play Warlords even though I own BTS. I tried BTS but felt overwhelmed as well so decided to stick with Warlords. Also, I do not consider myself an expert and I feel I still have a long way to go to fully grasp every aspect of the game thus playing BTS would confuse things more.

16. .Shane.

.Shane. Take it like a voter Retired Moderator

Like so many others, I've moved on from Warlords to BTS.... other than 1 MP game I'm in.

17. GoodGame

GoodGame Red, White, & Blue, baby!

Sad to say I lost interest in BTS after I played around with the scenarios for a month. The Warlords's title music is still my favorite, though overall BTS was more interesting. Am slowly withdrawing from WoW to play some epic BTS now that I've just jumped from the socket 478 P4 era for the Core Duo era (It's like the motherboard crash was a GP lightbulb in disquise!). The improvement in game turn length has been just dramatic enough to pick-up Civ4 again.
    :lol:

18. DragonHawk

DragonHawk Bored

Had I have time to play, I would have still played Warlords. This was partially due to not owning BTS which I did not buy since I did not have time to play Civ to begin with....

19. The Conquerer22

The Conquerer22 Warlord

for some reason I hated the civ 4 series but I liked the civ 3 series, most from what I understand feel the same way (that civ 4 does not have that attraction that its predeccesors did)

20. Angst

Angst Rambling and inconsistent

BtS FtW ! :D