Do you think firaxis ever reads the threads?

supaguruzebidy

Kill,Kill,Kill,Kill,Kill!
Just wondering if they do?You never see a comment from any firaxis staff on this site(I dont know if the admin and mods work for them).I know they are probably very busy working on civ 4 but you would think that they would have a PR type person would pop in from time to time and say if someone had a good idea or help clarify some questions.Not complaining just think it would be nice.:)

I know that they read them nearly every day as do Breakaway.

Yes - memebers of Atari frequent this site and occassionally post here (more in the C3C forum) - Jeffe Atari and travis are the most common posters but others do visit. And no, the Mods don't work for them nor Thunderall.

One of the good points is that Atari support the civ community (and listen to them) via these boards - unlike some other game manufaturers.

Yes, I've really got to hand it to Firaxis and Atari (breakaway too) for keeping up with us in the forums. Good marketing sense, really, as they know what we want and will strive to make sure it gets in the game. Of course, not everything, but enough to keep us slobbering over it.

Originally posted by sealman
great PR move on their part to not only view the threads but actually take part in some of the discussions.

Hi everyone,
It's not just a PR move... it helps that before I joined Atari I was a Civ 3 player and frequented these boards all the time to improve my game. I love to read through the forums and pick up the occasional tip to add to my game.

Besides, even though we have over a million customers of Civ 3, you are the ones who know the game very well and who will spread the word through your friends about how much fun it is. Why not make sure that we're making a game that you like? :)

Best,
Jeff Foley
Atari

Originally posted by Ville
I'm sure they read threads

Nah, you're just saying that cause Jeff posted right before you :p

ville probably wrote his post before seeing Jeff's one. :lol:

Originally posted by supaguruzebidy
Just wondering if they do?You never see a comment from any firaxis staff on this site(I dont know if the admin and mods work for them).

:lol:

I know they are probably very busy working on civ 4 but you would think that they would have a PR type person would pop in from time to time and say if someone had a good idea or help clarify some questions.Not complaining just think it would be nice.:)

Yes, they do read the threads. Even when I was testing C3C over at Firaxis, I would see Jesse and Ed on CFC sometimes. :) I even see Jesse on the "Who's Online" section sometimes.

Originally posted by Chieftess

I even see Jesse on the "Who's Online" section sometimes.

He probably checks it to see if there are any moderators around, so he can spam freely without being caught. ;)

I meant, I see him browsing the forums when I look at the "Who's Online" section.

I asked the same question a couple of years ago and the next day (like you) Jeff from Atari responded, only he was in a funnier mood that day, he said "I assure you no one from Atari/Firaxis reads these posts, it's a myth..) :lol:

Well I certainly got the responce I wanted there:)Now I know who to look out for Ive seen Jeff around before just didn't realize who he was just as well I didn't get into an argument with HIM:)Its good to know that that sort of support is around you just dont get it from other game studios now it is obvious why the game is so good and this site is so great.

Others to be aware of who occasionally post are Tavis (the producer for the Civ3 line at Firaxis) and Gobi Bear (the software lead at Breakaway Games -- responsible for the C3C scenarios). Most of the rest of the Civ crew are lurkers who don't post.

Top Bottom