1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you think they will ever get the AI right?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by tanktop4158, Aug 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tanktop4158

tanktop4158 Chieftain

Well in advance, yes i know they hve made great improvement. For that I am gratefull,

Still its VERY weak.....I can give you many examples

BUT ....i will just go with what i think is MOST obvious.........AI does not use bombers

But I bomb the crap outta him......if i make it to bombers hes going down no mtter how strong he is

Its an iwin button

2. dbergan

dbergan Warlord

No. The game is too complex "to get the AI right". It will never give us a challenge on equal footing.

However, it could theoretically give us a challenge when it gets free production bonuses, combat bonuses, etc. It's like the reverse of playing a computer in chess. I could only beat a computer in chess if I started with, say, a free queen.

In both sports, I only play vs other people, because handicapped matches don't interest me.

Kind regards,
    DB

3. labellavienna

labellavienna Warlord

I play on prince and i still can barely beat the AI

4. tanktop4158

tanktop4158 Chieftain

yeA DB.....same

BUT i am talking about something that he at least the AI can use all the units in the game

thats pretty PATHETIC when it doiesnt even know how to build bombers and use them

5. tanktop4158

tanktop4158 Chieftain

Sorry to hear you are struggling....say did you ever try to google civ tips? lso depends on wht civ you pic and wht type of victory you want for starters. Thats the glory of civ.....so many paths to victory.

Its ok you if you dont really care i guess......so many multi-players have this big ego of them selves and their play doesnt match up to their
    ego lol

You know i use to only play emp....but with this new pantheon system i rarely try past king.....and im screwed out of the paantheon i want 90% of the time i want in solo games....making the game no fun to me :/

yea suxs to be my civ lol

6. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

What's worse is that the AI will not build AA support units. I have yet to see a single one.

7. oSiyeza

oSiyeza Warlord

Saying the AI will never be good in Civ makes no sense. Yes the AI can be good. It may be not easy, but it can be done. Only two things are needed if firaxis wants to improve the AI. Resources and care.

The AI struggles in late war systems, cause probably it was not playtested enough or it was just rushed in developement, or not dedicated enough time. Combat AI in this civ is a weird thing, cause im convinced the AI is designed to not be at war. That effect goes up as the game advances, so the AI really never uses war much, it is just programmed to defend itself when the player attacks it. This is a big mistake, and ruins the best game system for me. But this also means that late combat behavior is so uncommon, that probably many needed logic was not implemented or tested. There are other issues with diplomacy, aid requests, city planning, use of siege weapons, pathfinding, coordination of groups of units, lack of some tactics such as try to heal units or cut enemy reinforcements...

All in all, a lot of things fail with the AI. Is that bad as many people think? No, i dont think so. The AI is competent in general in, and does some things remarcably well, such as trying to stop a player land invasion. All in all, I think firaxis can improve the AI significantly in the next patch if he wanted to. All that is really needed is to put people to work in the problem.

8. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Moderator Action: We already have an active thread discussing this same topic (and not limited to bombers), so this thread is closed.

Kjimmet and Victoria like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.