Do you think we will get more government types on the future?

Metecury

Prince
We know that in the base game we will get 9: autocracy- classical Republic - oligarchy - monarchy - merchant Republic - theocracy - fascism - democracy - communism

What other governments do you think would fit?

I'd love to see constitutional monarchy and military junta making it in the late renaissance and industrial era respectively in the next expansion.

What are your thoughts?

If Corporations are ever added I wouldn't mind a government evolving into Corporatocracy.

We know that in the base game we will get 9: autocracy- classical Republic - oligarchy - monarchy - merchant Republic - theocracy - fascism - democracy - communism

What other governments do you think would fit?

I'd love to see constitutional monarchy and military junta making it in the late renaissance and industrial era respectively in the next expansion.

What are your thoughts?

I think those are best modeled with the policy cards (fascism with military in the wild cards for junta)... However

I could see both of those in another column, 7 slot governments (transition between 6 and 8 slot govs)

I would find it hard to add more governments without re-designing the existing ones. Going from 4 slots, to 6, to 8 by the end of the game is a pretty serious progression.

With the Legacy bonuses crossing over from one government to the next, I don't think there's any reason to go back to governments of earlier eras. So in reality, there's only really 3 governments, that are separated by eras.

I for one would like incentive to run a monarchy instead of a democracy, for example.. But I can't see it right now. So until they make the governments more fluid, the only way I see additions if that add a 4th or 5th choice to pick from beyond the original 3 that you can see in the different eras.

I would find it hard to add more governments without re-designing the existing ones. Going from 4 slots, to 6, to 8 by the end of the game is a pretty serious progression.

With the Legacy bonuses crossing over from one government to the next, I don't think there's any reason to go back to governments of earlier eras. So in reality, there's only really 3 governments, that are separated by eras.

I for one would like incentive to run a monarchy instead of a democracy, for example.. But I can't see it right now. So until they make the governments more fluid, the only way I see additions if that add a 4th or 5th choice to pick from beyond the original 3 that you can see in the different eras.

The problem would be solved if they added more eras with expansions and generally more techs/civics so that governments last longer.

Top Bottom