1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you think you could beat civ6 on Diety right now?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by wiggawuu, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Biz_

Biz_ Prince

if i could spend 5 hours in the civilopedia on turn 1, sure

2. footslogger

footslogger Warlord

Nope, and I never intend to try. Fortunately, I am not obsessed with the game to the point of keeping charts etc and trying to squeeze every last little exploit out of it. I play it purely for fun, make loads of mistakes and generally start to tire of a new version after a few months. What I've seen of Civ 6 gives me the hope that my interest in it might last a bit longer than usual. Prince is my usual level and perhaps a few games at king - beyond that it irritates me knowing that the AI is only beating me by cheating like a whoreson!

3. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

Sure, a lot of us could easily beat deity, even on the first game with careful planning.
    I'm pretty sure that most people who can beat Civ IV deity wouldn't have any problems with it at all.

4. Acken

Acken Deity

So they havent even tested that 2 months before release... sigh.

The closer we get to the release the more unfinished the game is shaping up.

5. Janskey

Janskey Prince

It's misspelled diet-y for a reason.:lol: It limits your options like a diet would. You could make lots of mistakes in V and still win, though, even more so in BE.

I hope I won't be able to beat deity on my first game, but I'm slightly afraid I will.

6. JimmyBanks

JimmyBanks Warlord

Not even going to try and beat Deity on the 1st go. That kind of kills the game for me. If you can beat a game 1st time around it's not a very well designed game IMO.

7. m15a

m15a Emperor

I'm not going to try it, but I'd watch a livestream of a deity-level Civ V player trying to beat Civ VI deity on release day (without reading post-release strategies or reading post-release gameplay footage). Best case, it'll be a hilarious early loss, but worst case, it'll still be informative to people deciding on the game.

8. Ebrim

Ebrim Warlord

Deity strategies are often highly specialized. The easiest type of Deity victory on Day 1 would be an early military rush on a duel map. Might be possible but that's not the sort of game I'm interested in playing.

9. Acken

Acken Deity

Those "for the achievement" kind of games dont really count anyway. Pretty sure the op implies some sort of standard settings.

10. ferros

ferros Chieftain

I doubt I could beat it instantly but if I was given a few tries to get the hang of it I'm sure I could do it, unless that AI has improved a ton from Civ5 and that it can handle 1UPT (which it couldn't in Civ5). I have beaten Diety in all other Civ games which I have tried to do it and I beat it on my second try in Civ5, so I can't see that I would be impossible for me to do the same in Civ6, unless there are major changes to the AI.

11. GoodSarmatian

GoodSarmatian Blackpilled Idealist

I think I could do it on a small Pangaea map with Scythia, and I'll probably only do it once for the achievement, but I'm not a fan of Deity in any Civ game. The AI starting bonuses make the early game too restrictive by just closing off strategies that don't involve early warfare.