Do you use an Unofficial patch?

Don't forget that the CIV engine has some serious memory leaks that were patched but never fully fixed. I experience slowdowns after an hour or a couple of hours play, but it's easilly fixed by alt+tabbing out to the desktop and back, which clears the memory issues.

It's easilly fixed by alt+tabbing out to the desktop and back, which clears the memory issues.

I haven't tried just alt-tabbing. I restart Civ when I've had it running a couple hours. I'll try this next time. :goodjob:

I haven't tried just alt-tabbing. I restart Civ when I've had it running a couple hours. I'll try this next time. :goodjob:

There might even be a console command, in the UT3 engine (which Oblivion and Fallout 3 uses) you can simply type 'pcb' to fix memory leak issues.

I use the unofficial patch, think I have dresdens first version still, hasn't really bothered updating after that as for me things seems to work as they should. I do also use Bugmod and Blue marble. There's no conflicts that I've noticed and no slowdown in gameplay either, atleast nothing that's noticeable to me.

As I never play MP I have never bothered about that kind of compability issues but if you still like that option, install the unofficial patch as a mod and you'll still have both options. Actually, if I ever reinstall all of BtS I may do this just to be able to easier test other mods that comes along, like I'm yet to try the better AI mod, now I don't know, it may work anyway, I guess it should but you never know.

On huge/marathon in late game (when the save files are over 1MB), I've also experienced memory leaks / slowdowns. So in really late game, I just restart Civ about once an hour.

I'll have to try minimizing it (I run in a window).

BUG and the Unofficial Patch work great together; that's what I use.

BUG + Unofficial patch. Thanks to EmperorFool for helping me set it up as a mod
:goodjob:

Okay, how does one do that? :D I have BUG as mod and I've just installed Dresden's as mod and want them together in one mod. Should I just overwrite BUG's files with the ones in Dresden's mod or are there some other things to do?

BuG (as a mod) with BetterAI folded in is pretty easy (instructions are over in the BetterAI forum).

I've seen this info, it's not just overwriting here...

I'm not starting another game where Friendly civs don't like me enough to be bribed for civic changes...Enough is enough. ;)

I have BUG as mod and I've just installed Dresden's as mod and want them together in one mod.

BUG has the Python fixes from the UP already, so all you need to do is copy the DLL and XML folder from the UP Assets folder to BUG's Assets folder. Say "Yes" to overwrite files, but there will actually be no files in common. It asks because both have an XML folder.

Will the UP and or BUG or BAT ever become official? It will make it easier too to have them installed.

Do you mean "When will Firaxis release BUG/BAT/UP in an official patch like FfH?" I would guess that 3.17 was the last official patch.

I'm working on a new installer script that will make installing BUG a lot easier. 3.6 is around the corner!

BUG has the Python fixes from the UP already, so all you need to do is copy the DLL and XML folder from the UP Assets folder to BUG's Assets folder. Say "Yes" to overwrite files, but there will actually be no files in common. It asks because both have an XML folder.

Heh, already done. :) I haven't overwritten the Python files though, file sizes are not the same. :hmm:

I'm using Dresden's Version 0.21 (50 Civs Version) dll and BUG Mod 3.5.1. Should I overwrite the Python files or keep the ones from BUG? From your response, it seems okay to keep the original Python, just checking to make sure. :)

Everything seems okay: the dll, Blue Marble and BUG...Party time! :cool:

EDIT: the files are different because you added other stuff there besides the fixes, right? Nvm, keeping your Python. Cheers!

The files are different because you added other stuff there besides the fixes, right? Nvm, keeping your Python. Cheers!

Exactly. Keep the BUG Python files.

In fact, I added the fixes to BUG independently of the UP. When the UP came out, I verified that BUG had all the same fixes--albeit done slightly differently.

Top Bottom