1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you want any historical building made?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by Kyriakos, Jun 4, 2006.

1. Heretic_Cata

Heretic_Cata We're gonna live forever

OMG, that has to be the best thing you made in this thread. :D :goodjob:

(This one will get my vote. ;))

2. Traianus

Traianus Why is it dark in here?

3. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

Ok, now is the time for suggestions, if there are any :)

I left that central green part without any pattern, because there is no pic which is showing it from above, so i wouldnt know what to draw there.

Also i might change the yellow roofs of the side.

4. Heretic_Cata

I didn't manage to get a pic with the green part i think you are talking about. The green roof at the base (not on top) of the highest spire right ?

There probably aren't many taller buildings around that part of the city to take a picture from.
    The picture from sattelite is not that good either.

I did manage to find 2 cool pics of the cathedral though :D

Attached Files:

5. Stormrage

Stormrage Ever Present Taskmaster

Varwnos.. this is the best building gfx ever made... Its incredible! You are officialy my favorite building-gfx-thingy dude! :D

6. Mirc

Mirc Not mIRC!!!

It is a lot better! The best thing is that you fixed that too bright parts below some of the roofs.

The only thing that still needs work is the entrance.

7. Kyriakos

Well, unless there are any suggestions, this is how it will be.

I will have to make the city screen imagesanyway, so there is still time to suggest changes.

I cannot think of anything though, since there is no way to know what that green roof looks like... But if you notice something you can say it.
    I changed the small side roof to yellow as well because it was yellow in one of the pics. (is it red, orange, or yellow? :confused: )

8. Heretic_Cata

:hmm: The way i see it, the small lower-side roofs should be orange to red, sorta like in this pic

and in my pic a few posts up.
    But the esensial thing is that it is a bit different in colour than the one at the gate of cathedral.

IMHO :)

9. Mirc

Mirc Not mIRC!!!

IMHO, you shouldn't make that things yellow. The contrast is too big with the rest.

10. Kyriakos

The Timisoara cathedral has been built...

11. Kyriakos

Topgun, you just want this part of the building, right? (i cannot see the rest anyway, nor how it is connected to it)

12. TopGun

TopGun 258 kills

let me try to find more pics of Stift Göttweig. It'd be nice to have more than just the entrance and the towers, ok?

13. Heretic_Cata

My request:
    I was not sure who to ask for this, you or Traianus ... Since i have 2 things i need i'll ask you each for one.

(if you see this first Traianus, this is the exact thing i am going to ask you too ...
    I couldn't decide which one of you should do what ... so that's why i am making one of you choose. When i started writing this message varwnos was online, that's why i'm posting this here.:) EDIT:But by the time i finished writing it neither of you 2 was online :crazyeye: /EDIT)

You get to choose between 2 things. :)
    A) A simple cross on a standard pedestal. The cross the same colour as this thing:.
    The cross must be kinda stony looking. Not like the one that is already made:- a wooden cross with Christ on it.
    Another important thing, Christ must not be on it. It is not THE cross it's A cross.
    And another thing, the cross must not have equall "branches" (i could'n find a better word ...) like the Battlefield medicine has. The lower branch must be taller.

B) A star of David on a standard pedestal - i was shocked to see no one made this. This too has to be relatively stony looking, i mean i don't want 6 lines drawn in paint standing on a pedestal (i already did that:D). You can make it anyway you like (standing vertically or horizontally), any colour you want (as long as it's not pink or any bright colour).

You can only choose one. :p

14. Traianus

I'm easy! I'll take either one!
    BTW. I wouldn't eat that banana if I were you... doesn't look very ripe!!

15. Heretic_Cata

:rotfl:That's supposed to be a crescent.:rotfl: (from Rhye's mod ... yea it looks kinda wierd)

16. Traianus

Hee hee! Yeah, I guessed that. 'couldn't resist it, though!

17. TopGun

TopGun 258 kills

here are a selection of pics from Göttweig - not at all conclusive, but it's a start...

BTW... please don't make the whole monastery, just the cathedral would suffice. ;)

Also, the 3rd pic is what the monastery originally was supposed to look like. (Compare to the aerial view). Wow eh? Seems like they wanted to do alot more than they actually did. I just included the 3rd pic cause it might give some pointers as to what the overall shape is and what the side walls could look like.

Again, I will try to find more...

18. Kyriakos

If you can find pics that show it from above, and from the side, i will be able to create more precise height analogies.

I guess that you want this building more or less though: (keep in mind that the central decorative structure will not be more visible in isometric)

@HC: why dont you just use the crosses by Ukas?

19. Heretic_Cata

Which do you mean ?
    The only stuff i found is this from Rufus:

Which is exactly what i don't need.

20. Kyriakos

Well here is a first version of the austrian monastery.

What i mostly need is a pic that shows the balcony.

I am happy with the model, and although i will do some 2d work on it, it will not be that much (not in the scale it took for the Timisoara cathedral anyway) :)

Heretic Cata, perhaps Traianus will make them? I think that after this model i will take a long break from gfx!!! (i made four buildings in a few days after all :eek: ) :)

Attached Files: