1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you want to have kids ?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Marla_Singer, Dec 12, 2004.

?

So ?

1. I live in North America, and yes, I want to have kids or I already have

63 vote(s)
    45.3%
  2. I live in North America, but no, I don't want to have kids

18 vote(s)
    12.9%
  3. I live in Europe, and yes, I want to have kids or I already have

34 vote(s)
    24.5%
  4. I live in Europe, but no, I don't want to have kids

10 vote(s)
    7.2%
  5. I live in another place, and yes, I want to have kids or I already have

4 vote(s)
    2.9%
  6. I live in another place, but no, I don't want to have kids

2 vote(s)
    1.4%
  7. Other... :hmm:

8 vote(s)
    5.8%
  1. Mapache

Mapache Coronel

I have a son and I won't have more children.

2. Marla_Singer

Marla_Singer United in diversity

I'm rather impressed. After 123 votes, it seems that 22.54% of North Americans and 22.50% of Europeans don't want to have kids.

I was expecting more Europeans reluctant to have kids than Americans. Actually, I'm very happy it's not the case. :)

3. Keirador

Keirador Deity

This poll can not be taken as anything like scientific. Most posters here are teenaged boys. Relatively few teenage boys want kids.

4. The Last Conformist

The Last Conformist Irresistibly Attractive

It would be interesting to see how the wish to have kids relates to age. In my experience, many teenagers resolutely reject the notion of ever having kids, only to change their minds in their early twenties.

5. Lord_Sidious

Lord_Sidious No Fun At All

I want!....!

6. A'AbarachAmadan

A'AbarachAmadan Deity

Answered other, only because question seemed to state do you WANT kids, which when I had my first I didn't.

My original plans were absolutely no kids. However, I now have 3 kids and 1 grandkid. None of these were 'planned', in fact in all cases some form of birth control was being used. (I guess I'm in a fertile family [or can't read directions]; one of my relatives had their tubes tied and was told it was 99% effective; they had another kid 13 months later.)

Luckily life ignored my plans. Now I can't imagine life without my kids. They are the center of my universe and have taught me more than I thought imaginable.

7. Mark1031

Mark1031 Deity

well put... :goodjob:

8. WildFire

WildFire amour

NA, I eventually want children.

9. King Alexander

King Alexander Universe explorer

I'd like to have 3-4 children.

10. china444

china444 Ain't no thang

Option 1...i want 2 or 3 kids

11. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

Here is my first serious post on the subject.

I am from another place, you just have to look to your left to see where, and I want to have kids.

12. Little Raven

Little Raven On Walkabout

*chuckle* I'm just happy that numbers culled from CivFanatics are relatively meaningless. Because either one of those rates spells death to way of life as we know it. ;)

13. IglooDude

IglooDude Enforcing Rule 34 Retired Moderator Supporter

I voted "other" as I figured kids would arrive as fate decided, but got divorced before any were initiated. Now, I have a 17-yr-old stepdaughter courtesy of my fiance (we get married next month). My genes aren't likely to ever be passed on, but my feeling anyway is that passing on what is in your head/heart is considerably more important than passing on what is in your blood. Of course, I may be a bit biased in that area, being adopted, myself.

14. Babbler

Babbler Deity

I would like to have children eventally, like in my 30s, maybe late 20s. I am too young to be having kids now. I was dianoged with Asperger's as well, but I am not going to let that in way my bilblo-genetic imperitive of going forth and multplying! :lol: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

For course, I need to find a womb (otherwise known as a "woman") :j/k:

15. PantheraTigris2

PantheraTigris2 Deity

Right now, the scale is balanced. I'm walking a nice, clean line, right along the top of the fence. The only thing that would make me jump down, and be enthusiastic about having kids, would be if I met someone whom I really wanted to reproduce with. Unfortunately the general selection is - not exactly exquisitely enticing. Having a mate, and reproducing... for the mere sake of... having a mate, and reproducing, is not a requirement to me. I'm all for it, but only if I find... the one...

It's a very tall fence that I walk... far above the... zoo, down below. For me to take a the plunge, and join them, will require something I find irresistable. And that, is not easy to find.

16. Longasc

Longasc Deity

I cannot see children in my life for the next years. No place, no time for them.

I think I might change my state of mind, but right now it is NO CHILDREN. Even more so as I am sadly disappointed in love right now.

17. citizen001

citizen001 Banned

I'm scared about it really but it could change in the future.

18. toh6wy

toh6wy Emperor

Definitely at some point, assuming I marry. I'd probably want to have two, although if my future wife really wanted to, I suppose I'd be willing to have three. No more, though. And not until I'm at least in my mid to late 20's, and preferably after I'm done with college and have a good job.

19. Desmond Hawkins

Desmond Hawkins Deity

You are that gorgeous huh? ;)