• I live in another place, and yes, I want to have kids or I already have

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • I live in another place, but no, I don't want to have kids

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Other... :hmm:

Votes: 8 5.8%

• Total voters
The Last Conformist said:
Not that it's statistically significant, but ATM 26% of Americans, 27% of Europeans and 40% of otherplacers don't want to have children.
I'm rather impressed. After 123 votes, it seems that 22.54% of North Americans and 22.50% of Europeans don't want to have kids.

I was expecting more Europeans reluctant to have kids than Americans. Actually, I'm very happy it's not the case. :)

This poll can not be taken as anything like scientific. Most posters here are teenaged boys. Relatively few teenage boys want kids.

I want!....!

Answered other, only because question seemed to state do you WANT kids, which when I had my first I didn't.

My original plans were absolutely no kids. However, I now have 3 kids and 1 grandkid. None of these were 'planned', in fact in all cases some form of birth control was being used. (I guess I'm in a fertile family [or can't read directions]; one of my relatives had their tubes tied and was told it was 99% effective; they had another kid 13 months later.)

Luckily life ignored my plans. Now I can't imagine life without my kids. They are the center of my universe and have taught me more than I thought imaginable.

A'AbarachAmadan said:
Luckily life ignored my plans. Now I can't imagine life without my kids. They are the center of my universe and have taught me more than I thought imaginable.

well put... :goodjob:

Marla_Singer said:
I'm rather impressed. After 123 votes, it seems that 22.54% of North Americans and 22.50% of Europeans don't want to have kids.
*chuckle* I'm just happy that numbers culled from CivFanatics are relatively meaningless. Because either one of those rates spells death to way of life as we know it. ;)

I voted "other" as I figured kids would arrive as fate decided, but got divorced before any were initiated. Now, I have a 17-yr-old stepdaughter courtesy of my fiance (we get married next month). My genes aren't likely to ever be passed on, but my feeling anyway is that passing on what is in your head/heart is considerably more important than passing on what is in your blood. Of course, I may be a bit biased in that area, being adopted, myself.

I would like to have children eventally, like in my 30s, maybe late 20s. I am too young to be having kids now. I was dianoged with Asperger's as well, but I am not going to let that in way my bilblo-genetic imperitive of going forth and multplying! :lol: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

For course, I need to find a womb (otherwise known as a "woman") :j/k:

Right now, the scale is balanced. I'm walking a nice, clean line, right along the top of the fence. The only thing that would make me jump down, and be enthusiastic about having kids, would be if I met someone whom I really wanted to reproduce with. Unfortunately the general selection is - not exactly exquisitely enticing. Having a mate, and reproducing... for the mere sake of... having a mate, and reproducing, is not a requirement to me. I'm all for it, but only if I find... the one...

It's a very tall fence that I walk... far above the... zoo, down below. For me to take a the plunge, and join them, will require something I find irresistable. And that, is not easy to find.

I cannot see children in my life for the next years. No place, no time for them.

I think I might change my state of mind, but right now it is NO CHILDREN. Even more so as I am sadly disappointed in love right now.

Definitely at some point, assuming I marry. I'd probably want to have two, although if my future wife really wanted to, I suppose I'd be willing to have three. No more, though. And not until I'm at least in my mid to late 20's, and preferably after I'm done with college and have a good job.

Top Bottom