1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[DoaNE] Feedback and Questions

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Dawn of A New Era' started by M07, Oct 8, 2017.

1. M07

M07 Chieftain

Hello everybody,
    You can report comments, problems or questions regarding the mod Dawn of a New Era in this section.

2. M07

M07 Chieftain

I have seen today where does the DoaNE downloads comes from and I see one website that I did not know,
    www.civclub.net
    I click on it and it was a Chinese website, I was able to read comments about the mod (Thank you Google Translate :D ) and answer them that I have fixed the XML errors issues thanks to the new tool I have done recently.
    It was a good experience for me :)

3. Nexus1980

Nexus1980 Chieftain

Ahh... those wonderful Chinese people. :thumbsup: buying out expensive european wine and playing the best mod of colonization. They sure have taste :smug:

4. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Chieftain Supporter

A question about trade agreements:
    In my current game I have manually traded trade goods to a native village and could then ask them for a trade agreement of tools - peanuts. After negotiating I accepted the trade agreement.

What I expected was that I then would manually load the whole amount of tools at my colony and bring it to the native village in one trip (the Carrack has the capacity to load it) and ship the peanuts in one trip back to the colony. Instead after accepting the trade agreement my carrack began automatically to travel between my colony and the native village, transporting in the turn in the screenshot only 8 tools.

Does a trade agreement always mean that the number agreed upon is divided by the number of years of the contract and will be transported only in those increments and there is no way to fulfill the contract in one go? So that the transport unit assigned to that trade agreement is unavailable for the whole duration of the trade agreement, despite having far more transport capacity than that trade agreement?

Spoiler :

upload_2018-12-31_19-8-23.png

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  5. ConjurerDragon

In the "how to start Guide"
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/doane-guide-how-to-start.623115/
    you write that
    "Starting a game
    You will start with 2 ships, one empty and the second one with a builder pack (mandatory to found your colony), a carpenter and an unit of your choice (personally I often choose a veteran soldier, but you have the choice)."

When I start a new game I can select the nation and leader (e.g. dutch/Stuyvesant) but where would I select the second unit of choice? As soon as the map is displayed I see a Carrack with a Carpenter+tools/Pioneer and always a Veteran Soldier and a Caravel.

6. ConjurerDragon

About exploration:
    A while after I founded the first colony an event fired that had the King grant me a colonist with the Scout profession, so I started to explore.

I understand that to have newly explored maptiles stay explored permanently the explorer has to return to Europe or a colony.

However what does the "map" counter of a unit mean? Is that just the number of maptiles explored by that unit (and that knowledge would be lost if that unit does not return) or does that have any other meaning?

7. hrp

hrp Chieftain

Can you provide a zip of the mod for extraction into the mod-folder? The exe wont work with my setup :(

8. Grandor

Grandor Chieftain

Hi,
    At first I love this mod :)

And i want ask if should be hard add one feature.

Somethink like when u have colonist arived in city from europe mostly lost in memory where u want him :D :D.

So i love to see Button. possible somethink like "send colonist to nearest work free slot in any city"

Thinking if should be hard when u have in Europe list of free slot when u ordering.

Plus this should save a lot of TIME of micromagement.

Would be so great even if ignore status if already send some guy running to city :D. (somethink like sending 5 expert fishermant into one slot) or make it in this feature "dont go city if full slot"

Great work and mod!

9. Grandor

Grandor Chieftain

Or have all free slot(building and exterior) list in advisor(one color who can be replaced by expert and another totally free) :)

now i remember one small detail. education of colonist is ever ruined with autoarrange in city. expert rancher too infact :)

10. Grandor

Grandor Chieftain

another feature idea...some "lobbying" in europe. f.e. altering price in europe(invest factories ..increase demand..etc :D) hire "seachers ala "YOU WANTED" for imigrrant...etc etc :D