[DoaNE] Feedback and Questions

I have seen today where does the DoaNE downloads comes from and I see one website that I did not know,
www.civclub.net
I click on it and it was a Chinese website, I was able to read comments about the mod (Thank you Google Translate :D ) and answer them that I have fixed the XML errors issues thanks to the new tool I have done recently.
It was a good experience for me :)

Ahh... those wonderful Chinese people. :thumbsup: buying out expensive european wine and playing the best mod of colonization. They sure have taste :smug:

A question about trade agreements:
In my current game I have manually traded trade goods to a native village and could then ask them for a trade agreement of tools - peanuts. After negotiating I accepted the trade agreement.

What I expected was that I then would manually load the whole amount of tools at my colony and bring it to the native village in one trip (the Carrack has the capacity to load it) and ship the peanuts in one trip back to the colony. Instead after accepting the trade agreement my carrack began automatically to travel between my colony and the native village, transporting in the turn in the screenshot only 8 tools.

Does a trade agreement always mean that the number agreed upon is divided by the number of years of the contract and will be transported only in those increments and there is no way to fulfill the contract in one go? So that the transport unit assigned to that trade agreement is unavailable for the whole duration of the trade agreement, despite having far more transport capacity than that trade agreement?

Spoiler :

upload_2018-12-31_19-8-23.png

Last edited:
In the "how to start Guide"
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/doane-guide-how-to-start.623115/
you write that
"Starting a game
You will start with 2 ships, one empty and the second one with a builder pack (mandatory to found your colony), a carpenter and an unit of your choice (personally I often choose a veteran soldier, but you have the choice)."

When I start a new game I can select the nation and leader (e.g. dutch/Stuyvesant) but where would I select the second unit of choice? As soon as the map is displayed I see a Carrack with a Carpenter+tools/Pioneer and always a Veteran Soldier and a Caravel.

About exploration:
A while after I founded the first colony an event fired that had the King grant me a colonist with the Scout profession, so I started to explore.

I understand that to have newly explored maptiles stay explored permanently the explorer has to return to Europe or a colony.

However what does the "map" counter of a unit mean? Is that just the number of maptiles explored by that unit (and that knowledge would be lost if that unit does not return) or does that have any other meaning?

Can you provide a zip of the mod for extraction into the mod-folder? The exe wont work with my setup :(

Hi,
At first I love this mod :)

And i want ask if should be hard add one feature.

Somethink like when u have colonist arived in city from europe mostly lost in memory where u want him :D :D.

So i love to see Button. possible somethink like "send colonist to nearest work free slot in any city"

Thinking if should be hard when u have in Europe list of free slot when u ordering.

Plus this should save a lot of TIME of micromagement.

Would be so great even if ignore status if already send some guy running to city :D. (somethink like sending 5 expert fishermant into one slot) or make it in this feature "dont go city if full slot"

Great work and mod!

Or have all free slot(building and exterior) list in advisor(one color who can be replaced by expert and another totally free) :)

now i remember one small detail. education of colonist is ever ruined with autoarrange in city. expert rancher too infact :)

another feature idea...some "lobbying" in europe. f.e. altering price in europe(invest factories ..increase demand..etc :D) hire "seachers ala "YOU WANTED" for imigrrant...etc etc :D

Hi M07,

I would really like to know, if there are any future plans for DoaNE?

I am so happy to read this!!! I've just finished sign up the forum to join 3tag in asking if you might still work on your AWESOME mod.
I am on Steam and if I may suggest, you should present your mod in there too. People talk about the main mods in the discussions section and yours is brought up, of course, but there is not a dedicated post for it.
I love your work! Thank you!

Thanks for your comment !
I will check how to add DoaNE to Steam. I though we could simply add the mod in the mods folder but I may be wrong on this.

Hi M07

Request:
If you take a look at the list of ships ALONGSIDE THE QUAY, could you please add a possibility to distinguish which ship is on an automated route and which one is still available?

When there are several ships of the same type and I wish to embark or load the available ship manually it's hard to find, at least for me ... or do I overlook something?

Hello @3tag ,
I agree with you, it is not simple to use Europe screens when we have a lot of fleets. I am working on grouping fleets and acting on them directly.
For instance, we should be able to resupply all ships of a specific fleet. It will be faster and less boring than doing it one by one.
Good idea ;)

Hello M07,
as I see you already have that on your mind. What else to say? :)
I'm very curious about what comes next.

Hi guys,

does anybody have a hint for me?

Issue 1:
while I am playing, it happens that some natives are angry about unfullfilled trade contracts. How can I convince them to open up again for further trade?

Issue 2:
In the Drydock of the Colonies I built a ship and since that round I cannot figure out how to get a sailor as crew for the new ship?

thanks

Issue 2 ... is figured out, it just needed a Highschool. :)

Bugreport?:

Hello @M07,
why does the production of 2 guns sometimes needs 2 tools in one Colony and in the other it needs 12 tools?
In this case the overall output number for tools does not seem to match the real production.

Top Bottom