DoC 1.16.8 released

Leoreth

Blue Period
I have released the current state of the git repository as version v1.16.8. You can download it here.

This is meant to be a hopefully fully fixed state of the mod in anticipation of the proper 1.17 release. Please further report bugs if you encounter them on this version. I will spend the next days updating documentation for 1.17 and if no unforeseen issues come up, the major release will happen early in January.

In the main menu, you can select "game info" and it should say something like "[you]'s game ([version])I".

However talking about this I realised that I forgot to update this to v1.16.8, so it should say something like v1.16.7-52.

There is no game info. There's "about this build" which returns something like 3.19. Are you referring to this?

Sorry, I meant the main menu inside a game. Not on the title screen.

Nah, it was my mistake for being too vague.

Don't be too fair, the losing on my end continues. I get an endless string of XML errors on launch after copying the assets folder.

I copied it right out of the zip file, 41 files were replaced.

I recommend deleting the existing folder completely before unpacking a new version.

In this case I'd replace a 2+ gigs Assets folder with a several megabyte one. I guess this involves VD and Blue Marble. Can I just install them again after the patch?

If you are using the zip download from github, do not use the modules. Use the installer to get the modules.

If I'm not using git but only the installer, in what order should I install the 1.16.7 version, the 1.16.8 update and the extra modules?

Download the current installer and run it, that's it. It includes options to install the modules along with it.

Hi, I deleted the previous version, and downloaded this one, but there seems to be some trouble. I keep getting these error messages
1672724592246.png
1672724600926.png
1672724611290.png

Then it just opens vanilla civ4. Did I do something wrong?

The installer is announced as DoC 1.16, is it the most up to date thing?

Edit: still says 1.67.54 or so

Last edited:
Yes, I forgot to bump the base version to 1.16.8, sorry. You are up to date.

I must apologize, you had already said the version number wasn't going to be right. Anyway, I knew I had the real thing when I saw Meritocracy and Caste were incompatible ;)

No guarantees of course, but as of your plans, what release will have the ability for new civs to spawn as vassals? ie Canada?

On that note, is the difficulty with human vassals mostly from a player experience perspective, or are there significant coding obstacles in how Civ IV is written as well?

Top Bottom