DoC not working on Steam Version.

Just to make sure, the mod has been installed in this directory. Loading up the mod has the game running in task-manager but absolutely nothing happens.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\RFC Dawn of Civilization

Sword of Islam works fine, so at a loss to what's wrong here.

It might be that the name of the entire path is too long (at least, that is something I see others say).

Increase the priority of the process, and wait some time. This should only happen the first time.

Could you be a bit more specific? Unlike most people here, I'm computer illiterate and rarely use them outside of casual gaming.

Sorry, when you mentioned the task manager in the OP I assumed you were familiar with it. In the processes tab, right click the Civ4BeyondSword.exe process. With the set priority option, you should set it to something like "high". After that, you still may need to wait some time, but after a while the mod should start up. Once that has happened once after a new installation it should be much faster when launching it again.

Still nothing is happening after a few minutes... I'm not sure what's going on because SoI and RFE Europe work fine.

For me playing through Steam works fine.
Try first this one:
1) I am using the Steam version of Civ4 BtS, and when starting the mod I receive error messages along the lines of "unable to execute file".
There are some problems with the Steam version and its attempt to work around the shutdown of Gamespy. What you have to do is to switch to the original version of the game which is available on Steam as a "beta". See here for detailed instructions on how to do so. (This is from first post of Bug Reports and Technical Issues - Thread)

Top Bottom