dodgy civilopedia on Encampments

Victoria

Regina
Supporter
Cannot be placed next to the city centre. I guess it is a question of what 'the' means
upload_2020-11-28_15-4-44.png

Spoiler :

I culture bombed a tile next to Cairo and it will not let me place an encampment here.
Just where it is best placed. I guess an entertainment district is the next best thing
upload_2020-11-28_15-8-9.png

Even not after ending that turn of culture bombarding?
I thought you could build encampants next to other cities...

That is interesting, cuz Gauls cannot build districts next to CC but can still put down cities next to already existing districts of other cities.

When playing the game, I suddenly thought of this thread. Not sure if any of you guys still want more answers on this, but you can never build a district next to the city center of another city, regardless of who owns the other city center or what type of district. You can settle new cities next to a district though.

I think this is just for the aesthetic purpose of your empire, the material for a Reddit post and that is pretty much it. No one would want to siege a city that literally has nothing going for it like the one in the picture anyway.

Of course. I've had a frontier city that was very defensible even though I was technologically behind in one of my games using this method. Niche city planning but it works nonetheless.

I knew this long ago when i culture bomed a city-state and try to do that for some adjacencies, turn out i cannot place it and plan ruined

the explanation needs to be clarified, but I don't see anything wrong with the mechanic to be honest...

the encampment is basically impassable to enemy units unless it is attacked and captured, and putting it right next to an enemy city would limit the amount of exits from that city.

I think this is just for the aesthetic purpose of your empire, the material for a Reddit post and that is pretty much it. No one would want to siege a city that literally has nothing going for it like the one in the picture anyway.

Also, no one would need to. The encampment and Oppidum placement is such that all the cities on the outer ring are relatively weak, being that their encampments are not guarding their border sides, so you would obviously take those first, which would then leave the center city completely undefended.

Top Bottom