[Civ2] Does a city need to be directly on a river tile to get river tile bonuses?

jsclev

Chieftain
I am trying to understand whether you need to settle a city directly on a tile with a river in order to get river bonuses (the extra trade for example) or if it is sufficient that the river tiles just exist within the city radius? Basically, if I find an area with a lot of river tiles, but I don't want to settle my city on one of the river tiles, does the city still get bonuses as long as the river tiles are still within the city radius?

I am trying to understand whether you need to settle a city directly on a tile with a river in order to get river bonuses (the extra trade for example) or if it is sufficient that the river tiles just exist within the city radius? Basically, if I find an area with a lot of river tiles, but I don't want to settle my city on one of the river tiles, does the city still get bonuses as long as the river tiles are still within the city radius?
The bonus trade arrow is added to the tile regardless of whether your city is actually on the river. For example, a forest with a river will produce 1 food, 2 shields, 1 trade arrow regardless of whether the city is on a river tile or not.

Top Bottom