Does a Civ's music stop playing when they're elminated?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Xithro, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Xithro

Xithro Chieftain

Might influence who I decide to conquer...

2. Kjimmet

Kjimmet Tietäjä

Unfortunately no, it does not.

TheMarshmallowBear and Pietato like this.
  3. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Deity

It certainly still plays as long as you don’t close the game.

But does music from an extinct civ play if you reload a save after they are eliminated?

4. Zaarin

Zaarin Diplomatic Attaché to Londo Mollari

Yes.

Kjimmet and Uberfrog like this.
  5. Hellenism Salesman

Hellenism Salesman Prince

There is no escape from the digeridoos :evil:

6. topsecret

topsecret Believer Supporter

Huh that's funny I wonder why Australia disappeared from the random leader pools.

7. Vandlys

Vandlys King

For people who don't like [instrument] or [song] it might even be worse to eliminate them, because although music doesn't not stop playing, it does stop evolving. Eliminate Australia and the ancient era and you'll only hear their ancient music. Percentage-wise that means more digeridoos.

Please don't kill me but I like the digeridoos...:shifty:

8. Xur

Xur Prince

Civ6 has some of the worst and some of the best music. In fact some of the worst in across all games. It would be nice if defeated civ’s music stopped playing. I’d kill the australians asap every time. As it is now - well I stopped playing the game a while back - but when I was playing I just disabled music entirely and put something else on.

9. Oberinspektor Derrick

Oberinspektor Derrick Warlord

I dont mind most songs, but I really hate Kupe's Maori.
    That song really blows and I sometimes have to turn the sound off when it starts playing.

That being said, I absolutely adore Byzantium's song, and if it was up to me it would be stuck on repeat regardless of whether Basil was in the game or not.

Moderator Action: Inappropriate language removed. Please help keep this site family friendly by using appropriate language. ~ LK

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2021
  10. Leucarum

Leucarum Emperor

I don't get the hatred for Australia or Maori theme songs. I like the Maori theme and can tolerate the Aussie one! The choral songs seem to divide people? Cree, Zulu, Georgia and Mongolia are all on the list of themes I like but many others seem to hate?

Above any others... For me it's Khmer that earned a perma-ban for their music. Followed closely by Brazil.

Zaarin and Hellenism Salesman like this.
  11. Hellenism Salesman

Hellenism Salesman Prince

In all honesty, I don't mind the Australian theme either. I also like the digeridoos. But, I know there's a significant percentage of people here who don't, so making a silly joke to reflect their musical preferences seemed right at the time.

And here is where my opinions differ! I like both of those themes.

It's Poland that I dislike. They're the only civ with music I actively dislike, but I just think their theme is bad. The Industrial version stands out as particularly bad, as it randomly switches between melodies and tones with little to no coherence to the actual civ. I am aware of the "story" that this theme follows, and while I think narrative music is cool, that's not what this is supposed to be. This is supposed to be Poland's theme, a task it doesn't succeed in, in my eyes.

Also, Canada's theme is eh, kinda bland

12. Leucarum

Leucarum Emperor

I think the biggest issue with a lot of the national anthem/very well known song themes is that they are a little predictable. Canada and Australia have good musical scores but lots of people are intimately familiar with O Canada and Waltzing Matilda before the game even begins...

I... Actually can't remember Poland's theme. Either it's so bland I forgot it or so bad I repressed it?

Hellenism Salesman likes this.
  13. Zaarin

I'm surprised to see the Poland hate; I love Poland's theme. :lol: Overall, Civ6 has great music; the only themes I dislike are England's (has to be the dreariest rendition of "Scarborough Fair" I've ever heard), Kongo's, Zulu's, Australia's (I have a very visceral reaction to didgeridoos), and the Industrial and Atomic versions of Brazil's (though TBH I'm not a fan of most of the Atomic tracks; it's part of why I hate the end game). I don't hate the Khmer theme, but I don't love it, either. I actually like most of the controversial themes like Cree and Maori.

"Vive la canadienne" is lovely, but then it foists "O Canada" on you. :sad:

I don't think I've ever seen much hate for Georgia or Mongolia; both seem to score near the top in polls. I'm seriously considering using Civ6's breathtaking arrangement of "Shen Khar Venakhi" in my wedding if I can talk my hypothetical bride into it. :D

14. Kupe Navigator

Kupe Navigator Emperor

say WOT MATE?
    That song has a lot of important meanings to Maori people. It is a very well done rendition of Haka and pokarekare ana- (which is such a beautiful song you should listen to the original. I still cry sometimes while listing to it)

yeah same. I like them both!

Scrum Lord likes this.
  15. Lord Lakely

Lord Lakely Idea Fountain

Yes there is - ban Curtin from the leader pool. Problem solved. :p

I was about to chime in and say that I never ban Civs because of their music, but then I remembered I have Norway banned PRECISELY because I've grown tired of hearing their themesong. Courtesy of Harald appearing in -without hyperbole- 80% of the games where I don't have him banned. :crazyeye:

16. Pietato

Pietato Platonic Perfection

As a New Zealander, straya's music drives me nuts. It is the song choice, not the didgeridoos.

17. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

I still find it disturbing that there are some tracks that are awfully loud than the others. Most NFP civs have that kind of loud music, along with Indonesian theme. Not hating the music, but only the inconsistency in the loudness of the tracks.

18. Zaarin

Aw, Knorr's arrangement of "Gjendines Bådnlåt" is one of my favorite themes in the game; I often manually include Norway just to hear it. :lol: I know how you feel, though, because when the game first launched Tomyris was in every single game I played, and she always hated me because she always had the Ideologue secret agenda. :crazyeye: Sometime around the release of Gathering Storm I had a similar problem where I couldn't launch a game without Alexander showing up; I started manually selecting my civs just to get away from him. :p I think it was a similar situation that made me hate the Zulu theme. I liked it at first, but after Shaka showing up too often and hearing it too many times it got Shaka on the ban list...

19. Kjimmet

Kjimmet Tietäjä

For me it's Kongo. At release I thought there was special coding to make Kongo appear more often which made me hate Civ's version of Banaha. The ancient era version in particular is one of my least favourite songs in game along side of Dutch industrial theme.

Hellenism Salesman and Zaarin like this.
  20. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

I grew up singing it at school, there is an alternative version I cannot get out of my head. I play civ with the sound off but I do not mind not hearing this song.
    The title of this thread made me think of musical chairs for some reason.