1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Does a Required District have to be in the same city

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by gadgetfreaky, Feb 17, 2018.

1. gadgetfreaky

gadgetfreaky Chieftain

e.g. If I want to build a Colosseum can I do so using a disctrict from a neighboring city?

2. Cywil

Cywil Chieftain

Yes, as well for Big Ben you can use a Commercial Hub from your other city.

3. IgorS

IgorS Your ad could be here!

Yep, it is the same for everything. If a wonder has to be next to a lake, the lake does not have to be within city borders. It can even be outside of the empire's borders. The same is true for districts. A district can belong to another city.

4. whacker

whacker Warlord

This is not true anymore in RF for wonders like Zimbabwe, Colloseum or Big Ben, which require certain buildings on top of the district. At least that is what i experienced yesterday in RF. In vanilla it was possible.

EEE_BOY likes this.
  5. kb27787

kb27787 Emperor

Yes and no... You can build Zimbabwe only in a city with a market, that is true HOWEVER the tile where the wonder is built can be any tile in which the cow and market condition is fulfilled (can be the commercial hub and/or cow tile owned by another city). Does not matter as long as the city which owns the tile the wonder is built on has a CH.

6. Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf King

If I remember correctly you can even build, e.g.: Big Ben next to a commercial hub owned by another civ entirely. Very situational but handy to keep in mind. Can't confirm if they've changed this for R&F.

7. BlackWizard

BlackWizard King

That changes my gameplay completely