1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Does anybody still play EU2?

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by Harv, May 4, 2021.

1. Harv

Harv Emperor

Hi everybody! It has been a very long time! The last time I was here was a bit over a year ago, where I started an Immortal level Kublai Khan game that got stalled early, then I moved on to other things. Then WoW Classic happened. Then I burned out hard on that, so I started dusting off old games I used to play.

Then I dusted of EU2. It has always fascinated me, since I first picked it up. It was there around the same time as Civ3 - and I never got into Civ3 because of EU2.

My biases favor playing with the English in 1419. England starts in a war against France and Vassals and Scotland. They have great leaders to wipe the map with them and be in a position to "win" the 100 Years War, but they only have Henry V (Aggressive..... and Imperialistic?) for a few years before he dies in a manner worthy of the Oregon Trail.

Then France shows up with some terrifying generals. Then I realized - What is it like to play France? They start in a war against two or three terrifying leaders, but the AI is very stupid and the AI vassals can wear down these leaders while we wear down our opponents. I played a bunch of starts, trying to figure out how to exploit this.

Does anybody still play this or have they moved on to 3 or 4?

2. sherbz

sherbz Emperor

Ive left earth and play Stellaris instead :lol:

This genre is quite busy now IMO. With lots to choose from. Crusader Kings is the newest title people are playing.