Does Anyone has Odyssey Speed Mod??

jarhead_leif

Civ2ToT Modder
Guys, I'm currently looking for a mod that is 100% longer than Marathon speed that I can easily attach on my CustomAssets. I'm having a hard time looking for it (or perhaps it really doesn't exist). If anyone has an idea, please let me know.;)

Edit: Sorry, I meant 100% longer than marathon please. :)

Cheers,
Faye

I think... it may be faster to simply do the modifications than to search for an answer.
Should be GameSpeedInfos.xml

Uh, you maybe have something against the Marathon speed? It is twice as long as the Epic speed.

Well, unit build times are only doubled instead of tripled from normal Standard speed rates and some other stuff is not quite tripled either (anarchy and golden ages are only twice as long as Standard, which actually makes them 1.6 times as long as Epic since Epic has them at 125% when everything else is at 150%; there may be more such things). But it is mostly 3x Standard, which is 2x Epic.

I have some files lying around from my own mod-attempt.

Create a Mod by creating a folder in your BTS's Mods folder...there...

unpack the files of NewSpeeds.7z into...

Assets/XML/GameInfo

and the file from GameText.7z into...

Assets/XML/Text

You have no .ini file in your folder at the moment... but just start BTS and load your new mod. Then exit the game and take a peak into the Mod-folder you just created. An .ini file should now have appeared, which you can change in Notepad (or similar programs).

PS! You can call your new mod anything you like, but I would recommend names like...NewSpeeds... or something like that to make you remember what the mod is all about.

You are of course free to modify the files to your personal preference... they are free to either use - or be inspired by. Just remember that you need all these three files in order for it to work properly. Well, the file in the Text-folder is just to make it better-looking in-game. It works fine without it...

And just to mention it: In the files I have modified the cultural defence-values to 0, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32 and 64 (in order to make Walls worthwhile to build). Change them back if you need...:D

And if I have forgotten something here... please just tell me (I'm not perfect, you know)!:cry:

Attachments

• NewSpeeds.7z
    2 KB · Views: 28
  • GameText.7z
    638 bytes · Views: 47
Top Bottom