Does anyone have a work around tot he Affinity Problem?

Breunor

Deity
I'm looking for a way to help with the affinity problem of increasing strength. In my game, I'm in the 'big' fight between my Bannor and the other superpower, the Lanun. They founded the Fellowship of leaves and have Yvain. While my Donal has more experience points, Yvain now has a strength of 33! This is clearly the same bug that a lot of people have posted on the bug thread since Yvain has nature affinity of +2.

Is there a way to use the worldbuilder to set his strength back to 9? If not, can I write down his promotions, experience, and level, delete him in the worldbuilder (how?), and then put in a new Yvain form the worldbuilder with the same promotions, experience, and level? Would that work?

IF not, does anyone know another work-around?

Thanks for any help,

Breunor

You could fix him in the World Editor if you wanted. I would just set his experience/level to what he is, and the computer can rebuild him quickly. The only thing that would really make a difference is if he had any items.

Just place a unit under the Lanun leader (not you), then go to the unit editor and bump up his xp. Quick and easy. Oh, and right click to remove the old one.

The affinity will work correctly again until you save/load the game, when you'll have the problem again.

Thanks Argane, I'll try that! Unfortunately, its crashing a lot still, so there are quite a lot of reloads. I may come back if have a question, though ....

Best wishes,

Breunor

I've played druids 40+ times (Bals and Ljo), and I've never seen this bug. Perhaps it only occurs if you have more than 2 nature nodes? Perhaps it occurs if the game is loaded (I finish my games in 1 sitting)?

I've had the same thing with Dwarven Druids. Does Earth nodes do the same thing for them with Runes as religion?

I noticed that every time Yvain healed, he gained a level.

Any node affinity will do that. What happens is that when the game saves, it saves your total strength after counting in the nodes. So if you had Yvain and 3 Nature mana, it would save your strength as 15 (9+6). If you ever reloaded, you would have 21 strength (15+6). Save/Reload multiple times for unlimited strength, as long as you have at least 1 mana of the affinity type :p.

Seems like patch F fixed this if you missed that. It was uploaded today. (breaks saves)

Top Bottom