Does anyone like playing as the Celts?

My question is: Should I have had the 4th, 5th and 6th cities sooner to each have a religion or was it good to have the big 3 do the founding of religions?

with brennus anywhere between 3 to 6 cities is more than enough. get 3 maybe 4 cities up really fast...get barracks, dun, and maybe a granery if you are waiting to hook up your metal. soon as you have the metal make gallics in EVERY CITY WITH BARRACKS AND DUN. within 20 turns you should have a stack of at least 20 gallics most with double or triple hill upgrades. If you are trying to play a kiss me hug me kinda game turn on always peace. otherwise i'd like to see how some of you plan on stopping the gallic onslaught. By 0 AD you shouldn't even have neighbors left alive.

yeah having super tough hill takers a short time before getting catapults sucks. a unit that double moves across hilly terrain sucks. getting an early religion sucks. getting faster generals sucks. have any of you NOOBS ever even played a game of civ? i could pick brennus 10 times and I'd wager 8 to 9 of those times you would be choked off and die. Lets see you get high numbers of spammed triple and even quadruple upgraded units off your hills. NOOBS.

Brennus doesn't have Imperialistic trait, n00b ;)

If you are trying to play a kiss me hug me kinda game turn on always peace.

:lol: Nice one. Actually I was trying for cultural so any advice on that?

with brennus anywhere between 3 to 6 cities is more than enough. get 3 maybe 4 cities up really fast...get barracks, dun, and maybe a granery if you are waiting to hook up your metal. soon as you have the metal make gallics in EVERY CITY WITH BARRACKS AND DUN. within 20 turns you should have a stack of at least 20 gallics most with double or triple hill upgrades. If you are trying to play a kiss me hug me kinda game turn on always peace. otherwise i'd like to see how some of you plan on stopping the gallic onslaught. By 0 AD you shouldn't even have neighbors left alive.
A stack of 20 of anything in the same era would be capable of removing your neighbours. That doesn't demonstrate the strength of the Gallic Warrior - that demonstrates the strength of big stacks.

There is only one thing that really, REALLY needs to be done to "fix" the Celts....

All the Gallic Swordsmen upgrades need to be wearin' kilts.

=$= Big J Money =$=

not really true about the 20 unit stacks being powerful. Catapults take care of huge stacks. But even assuming that every gallic you have is catapulted down to a 3 the gallic is still very hard to get off hills. and if you don't remove them after using all your cats they will just heal and you'll never get rid of them. I've got no tips for the culture builder other than make lots of culture. Not my style :)

Top Bottom