Does Civ II MGE not work on Vista?

Jesusfreak

Chieftain
I have v1.0 (I think; that's what it tells me, anyway, and I haven't tried to patch it yet), and my computer is a laptop and a Vista (sorry, can't really say much more than that, I'm not real computer savvy =/).
I had just installed civ2 (and yes, I tried reinstalling it too), and so far I've found that it crashes when I do the following:
Build cities (it crashes when the text box to name the city opens).
Try to give my ruler a name other than the default (I can't type in info in the text boxes, and sometimes it'll crash when I try to).

I can't figure it out =(. I've tried cleaning the CD, reinstalling the game, and doing different scenarios, both nothing's worked :(.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm supposed to do? The error message reads:
Civ2.exe has stopped working

A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

EDIT: Dangit, I just noticed the "Start Here for Technical Support" thread. Why do I always notice those things AFTER I've already done what they say not to do? Meh, anyways, I didn't find anything about Vistas crashing Civ2 there, and I've already started this thread...

EDIT2: Ok, I've found a (hopefully temporary) solution. It appears to run fine on my other laptop, which is a Windows XP. Gah, XPs are so much better than Vistas in every way... (and before someone asks why I have two laptops: The Vista is a personal laptop that I brought with me to college, and the XP is a school laptop that they give to all the students)

EDIT3: Dangit, it doesn't work on my XP either. The game froze when I tried to make diplomacy with a comp civilization :(.

Top Bottom