1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Does CPP/CPB change textures or has something gone horribly wrong in my game?

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gurra09, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Gurra09

Gurra09 First Consul

Hi,

After taking the time to finally get into playing with CPP/CBP I'm finding some of the textures don't look alright to my eye. I installed the full version and here's a screenshot from one of my first games with it. Those two tiles the game calls marsh (grey coast tiles just outside the capital) looks an awful lot like tundra to me, and that farm looks outright weird with no actual fields within the boundaries. Does the game actually look like this with CPP/CPB or has something gone horribly wrong in my game?

Spoiler screenshot :

I could, and I will when I work up the energy for it, start going through other mods I use (none of which makes changes to terrain or improvement textures afaik, and they should all be compatible with CPP/CBP) to see if one of those is the cause but that takes a lot of time so I thought I'd ask this here first before I start doing so.

Edit: The problem is solved on my end by simply not playing the Communitas map, but I'm not sure what caused it.

2. Funak

Funak Deity

That's not how marshes looks in my game, that's the tundra texture actually.

By the way I see that you have IGE activated, you're not just messing with us using it, are you? Because that would be mean.

3. Gurra09

Gurra09 First Consul

Unfortunately I'm not. You think IGE could be it? I didn't even think about IGE when I went through my list of mods in my head thinking of mods that could do stuff to terrain...

4. Funak

Funak Deity

Maybe, I just know that I could definitely produce the results you're showing with IGE if I wanted to, that's why I brought it up. Sorry if it sounded rude.

5. Gurra09

Gurra09 First Consul

Haha, it's no problem. I'm just confused by these tundra marches, that's all. :crazyeye: Thanks for answering my question, now I know I need to go through that mod list one by one to see where conflicts are happening.

6. Stangle Khan

Stangle Khan Warlord

I'm pretty sure IGE is incompatible with CBP

7. Gurra09

Gurra09 First Consul

Really? According to this post it is compatible.

8. Gurra09

Gurra09 First Consul

Okay, the problem behind this issue was easier to find than I had thought. It had nothing to do with my other mods.

In fact, what seems to be the cause for me is the Communitas map script that ships with the full version Community Patch. When I start up a game on the Communitas map, marshes look like tundra and farms look weird. But when I started up a game on a regular Continents map marshes look like marshes and farms look like they should.

9. ExpiredReign

ExpiredReign Deity

Hmm... not sure that is the problem, I always play with the Communitas map and my marshes look like marshes and my tundra look like tundra!

10. Strigvir

Strigvir Emperor

Are marshes even supposed to spawn on Tundra?

11. Funak

Funak Deity

Marsh is a modded grassland tile, so no it can't spawn on tundra.