Does creating new worker units cause a mod to stop running in certain situations?

Sword_Of_Geddon

Arbiter of the Sword
I've been wondering about this. I ran into an issue where two worker UUs caused my mod to stop loading when they were mentioned in a routoinfos xml file that was also modular. I've created a Medieval Worker unit(upgrades from Workers), and Modern Worker(Upgrades from Medieval Worker). I personally have had no issues running my mod with these additions, but some have trouble loading the mod and I'm unsure what the cause is.

Why are you even adding workers into the routoinfos file? That file is only for road types. Can you give us the exact error texts you get? Preferably just screenshot the errors.

I've been wondering about this. I ran into an issue where two worker UUs caused my mod to stop loading when they were mentioned in a routoinfos xml file that was also modular. I've created a Medieval Worker unit(upgrades from Workers), and Modern Worker(Upgrades from Medieval Worker). I personally have had no issues running my mod with these additions, but some have trouble loading the mod and I'm unsure what the cause is.
The modular bit might cause some errors as well.

Well the modular info is in a Civ4Unitinfos file within the routes folder. This file adds info for the new worker units so they can build the new routes added in the mod.

The units themselves(Medieval Worker, Modern Worker) are not modular, but Clones are. In the past, before I added the Medieval and Modern Workers, Clones did not cause any problems.

Last edited:
Update: I've moved the modular info for the unique unit workers to the mod's main non-modular unitinfos.xml, only keeping the art modular, and the mod works, after having added their entries to the modular unitinfos file that details the ability to build new routes. The mod loads and plays fine.

I wonder if I should move all the modular route info to a non-modular file? Would that help the mod further and help prevent more crashes and non-loading for more people?

Update: I've moved the modular info for the unique unit workers to the mod's main non-modular unitinfos.xml, only keeping the art modular, and the mod works, after having added their entries to the modular unitinfos file that details the ability to build new routes. The mod loads and plays fine.

I wonder if I should move all the modular route info to a non-modular file? Would that help the mod further and help prevent more crashes and non-loading for more people?
It may be safer. I have always found that modular loading is very useful, but can also be very buggy. :dunno:

Top Bottom